Little blue spinning circle won't go away

VinnieVicon

Hi, the little blue circle keeps come on when I'm working in Chief and in some other programs. But in Chief I can't go 30 seconds without the little blue circle spinning around holding me up in a big way and it spins for a  little while but it's constant. I'm not sure what the problem is, undo is turned off. Please Help 

Vinnie

Chief X6

Windows 7 64 Bit

16 MB RAM

Quad core

Vinnie,

It could be anything from a hardware problem to software, to a problem with your model.

Try turning off all the auto build settings in Chief.

Post your plan here so that someone else can give it a run and see if there is a problem with the plan.

Since you are having trouble with other programs, sounds like it is time to 'clean' up your computer...  Get rid of those programs you never use, update all your drivers....then clean out all the 'internet crap', then clean out your registry, then defrag your hard drive. I love CCleaner, been using it for years...

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

They also have a defrag utility:

https://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download

The free versions work great!

Vinnie,

I'm having the same thing happen, though not every 30 seconds.

The blue donut shows up more frequently than it seems it should.

It's not tied to any operation that I can isolate. It happens across all plan and layout files on both the laptop and desktop PC.

read Bills comments at post #4

As a computer gets older more and more crap builds up, this slows your computer down.

Also whith each update of CA it can do more so has to do more calculations internally for some operations, I see the donut ocassionaly also but my computer was new fo I thinkk X3.

I will have to replace in 6mnths.

It is hard to say what is going on. If the problem isn't just in Chief then I would start by doing basic computer maintenance. Clean out your temp folder. Scan for malware. Defrag your hard disk. Etc.

There can also be problems if your internet connection is not working well. The list of possible problems is endless so it is hard to tell what the problem is.

Vinnie,

I agree with Doug Park, in that I work hard to keep my PC in peak condition and I rarely see the "blue Donut" of Windows. It may be a typo but you list only 16 Mb of RAM, didn't you mean Gb instead of Mb? (Modern Windows Operating systems will not run on so little as 16 Mb)

DJP