Select/move - then undo

johnny

If I select a bunch of things and make a move, but then don't like the move I made so undo, the selection of those objects goes away and I have to start from scratch.  Is there any trick to get around this so I undo back only the move?  Some of the selections I make can be complex and time consuming, so having to re-select everything again is a real pain.

What also drives me nuts (short trip) is when I make several moves, changes in a row and then want to undo the last one

all the changes get undone not just the last one.  A real PITA! 

This I have never seen.  Can you elaborate a bit?  The only way I can see this happening is if your changes were all made in a single dbx (i.e. it was only one operation). 

Doubtful.  That's what I use too.

On a side note...I've found "Control Z" to be a rather humorous way to communicate that you wish you could undo what you just did.  I find myself at the job site yelling "Control Z!!" sometimes : )

I'm thinking a "Hotkeys For Life" thread might be in order.  That would be one expensive keyboard...

What also drives me nuts (short trip) is when I make several moves, changes in a row and then want to undo the last one

all the changes get undone not just the last one.  A real PITA! 

This only happens to me if I'm editing an elevation in a layout.  Sometimes Undo undoes a couple steps at a time...