gelbuilding

Ceiling Joists overlapping Raffters.

Dont know what setting i need to change to fix this problem.

Joists seem to be housed over the side of the raffters

a framing reference should work I think , if you already used one on say the rafters use one on the joists too

or post the plan....

M.

Hi Scott,

I couldnt do this if i tried, cannot understand whats going on.

Your house is a distance from absolute zero,  but I  would not think too far.  It is a mystery.  As a test,  do a save as,  delete all,  build rectangle house,  put roof on and frame and see if it happens again.....   purpose being,  is it your particular file.  Is it possible there is a setting in there that we are missing.  If you opened a new  plan and built rectangle house would it behave as expected.

As a test,  do a save as,  delete all,  build rectangle house,  put roof on and frame and see if it happens again.....   purpose being,  is it your particular file.  Is it possible there is a setting in there that we are missing.  If you opened a new  plan and built rectangle house would it behave as expected.

This is a good idea as I have had plans with hidden items in the background affecting the current structure. Also try the "All On" Layer, and make sure every layer is on, this will sometimes show a odd attic wall or something that's affecting the plan.

EDIT: Also wish I could see the problem  :(

I turned off automatic framing, deleted all the ceiling joists, then turned auto framing back on and when it rebuilt it worked fine:

post-95-0-49284700-1442321130_thumb.png

I turned off automatic framing, deleted all the ceiling joists, then turned auto framing back on and when it rebuilt it worked fine:

attachicon.gifframing.PNG

Interesting,  I tried that too but was not successful.

attachicon.gifframing.PNG

So weird,  I tried it again and it still does not behave like Robert's plan.  Is it because I am on a MAC?  is it because I am a Cowboy  fan?  Is it because today's day ends in a "y"?  I do not know.

George,  I can't help you.

post-50-0-06485500-1442326431_thumb.png