johnny

Door to symbol?

I wanted to make a folding door system just placing door panels next to each-other.  How can I get a door to work as a general symbol?  When I create a symbol of the door it grabs the wall too.

Thanks!

Johnny,

You need to use the "Delete Surface" Tool to remove all the extra surfaces.  Anything showing in the 3D View will be a part of any symbol created.

But the question really is why wouldn't you just use a "Bi-Fold" Door?  Why create a Symbol when Chief will do this for you just by changing the Door Type in the dbx?

Are you trying to make a Nana Wall Johnny?

David Michael (DMDz) made some a few versions back but you wouldn't be aware of his Site I'm guessing ? and his free ( and paid) Symbols. He has a Nana Wall system for free, you may need to convert the .alb to a calibz is all ( auto on Lib. menu) , it's the 3rd free symbol down I think.... 

http://www.davidmichaeldesigns.com/free.html

Yep, I was making a Nana "type" wall - otherwise the Bi-fold option would have been good.

Thanks guys!

Nice work. All in Chief with a Photo Shop chaser?

Yep - in fact here I did a quick vid on this...

I'm kind of in the same class as Larry but do appreciate the tutorial.  I have Paint Shop Pro and sure I could do it

if I had a week of so......;o)