oblarry

auto dimensions double up

i draw my plan - auto dimension it - i add a couple of walls - auto dimension again and the dimensions double up on me - does anybody know what is up with that?

They don't override each other. They would be additive just like you are witnessing.

you have to delete the existing dims first.

you have to delete the existing dims first.

and use the Edit>Delete>Delete Objects DBX to get them all in one go....

do you have Auto refresh on for Ext.Dims?

i didn't have to delete the existing dimensions before - and if i delete dimensions, i have to delete all dimensions, even interior - is there a setting of some kind, so they don't duplicate?

i didn't have to delete the existing dimensions before - and if i delete dimensions, i have to delete all dimensions, even interior - is there a setting of some kind, so they don't duplicate?

You know,  I think I agree with you.....  at one time they did not double up and now for some reason they do.......  or am I thinking of auto update exterior dimensions.

Whatever the case,  if you auto dimension,  they should not double up.

drawzilla - where is auto refresh? that sounds like what i need

it's called your finger :)   don't click on Auto Dims Icon Twice ....    try turning on Auto refresh for your old setup instead

post-315-0-19280700-1435946715_thumb.jpg

Yes Mick has it right, that is the correct location.

With Auto refresh on, you can not reposition the dimension strings after creation. I am not sure I like that very much. Without Auto Refresh on you can reposition but if you hit Auto dim again you will get a second dimension string in the old location but not doubles of the not moved ones.

nice I get it right and Perry gets the Best Answer  :)  :)  :)

what do you mean you can't adjust ?  move out from building? , add extra dim points as needed? cos I can do that no issue with the edit handles , at least on my test plan just now , and it how I remembering it working , I usually have it one as you only get to use the Button ONCE :)

I guess I'm lucky, Too bad I didn't get a point also.

• Upvote 1

That's true , some of you are and some of us aren't , as the saying goes , " if I didn't have bad luck , I'd have none at all "   :)  

M.

To flush out this point further, if you don't like using auto refresh such as myself, the auto dimension will delete and replace existing auto dimensions if you leave them alone.  Once edited they stay put, which frankly I am glad of. 

Followed this thread searching for a solution for the auto interior 2 dimensions per wall.  a 3' x 10' closet has 2) 3' dimensions and 2) 10' dimensions.  this gets a bit crowded.