Dimensions to center of walls

GFD007

You kind of answered your own question (How do I get manual dimension from wall center to wall center ?) the answer is "Manually" in that you move the dimension point to where you need it to be, manually. It is also very common that one has to zoom in to make that adjustment of dimension point.

DJP

As a developper, the framers needs dimensions to unfinish  walls (center is good).  Using manual dimension, I get stop marks on either side of a wall but not the center, wich I need.  Having to zoom and do it manually is not productive. I will ask CA to add that in the future (I do not think that this will be complicated).

As a developper, the framers needs dimensions to unfinish  walls (center is good).  Using manual dimension, I get stop marks on either side of a wall but not the center, wich I need.  Having to zoom and do it manually is not productive. I will ask CA to add that in the future (I do not think that this will be complicated).

I feel so stupid  pointing this out again,  but the question and request has been answered several times already.  Here is a pic of auto dimensions dimensioning to the center of the walls.  Are we not understanding what you are asking or are you not listening?

post-50-0-71793000-1435086359_thumb.png

• 11 months later...

Mr. dshall, How do I proceed to get CA to dimension to centers IF, I have every place I can find set to "dimension to wall centers?"

Seems as though CA does it whenever it wants to. 80% of time yes, sometimes no. Even zooming in does not change the deal. Most of the problem is when I am dimensioning from center to center on inside walls.

I will ask CA to add that in the future (I do not think that this will be complicated).

Probably no need to do that, this is already available.

I note that you are talking about manual dimensions - not auto.

Have you checked what Dimension Default your current Annoset is using.

My guess is that your current Dimension Default is not set to "Interior Wall Centres" in your current Annotation Set.

Mr. dshall, How do I proceed to get CA to dimension to centers IF, I have every place I can find set to "dimension to wall centers?"

Seems as though CA does it whenever it wants to. 80% of time yes, sometimes no. Even zooming in does not change the deal. Most of the problem is when I am dimensioning from center to center on inside walls.

I have been running into this situation lately as well.  I have even had different configurations within a single rather long dimension string.  It did not take long to fix, and it was quite obvious as well, but still it should not work like that.

If you can show a specific example of this type of behavior, then I would suggest that you send in a report of this as a bug.  They won't know it needs fixing if we don't let them know.