Section View - Final View Lighting

ACADuser

Wanting a section view with color & pictures to show up I created a section view & then hit Final View w/ Shadows. (only option I saw)

This created the view I wanted & sent to layout, but the view is a little dark.

How does one control the lighting on this view?

post-2435-0-06733500-1429539594_thumb.png

Oh, not what I wanted the hear.

Export the view & import a picture.

PITA for any modifications that take place during the development process.

It is hard enough to keep track of which sections need to be regenerated.

Add some light sources anywhere you want to the plan views. They are invisible, adjustable, and you can add as many as you want, to lighten any view of the plan, but only 8 per room max. I might have 30 in a plan

Thanks Perry I'll give it a try.

Kevin the camera could not capture the entire view I wanted. Although I say in a VID the other day how to temp make walls invisible so you can back the camera up.

May try that too. Although the light source may be the trick I was missing.

Alan, Can you create a transparent mask to go over the top to lighten things up? Seems to work here but may not give you the flexibility you're after. One good thing is you could create various transparencies for different areas and they would be adjustable (lighter/darker) and remain with the elevation.

Ok I've played with this far too long, but here's what I have found/discovered. Too increase the scene lighting in an elevation I had to have the "Sun" turned on in the "Adjust Lights Dialog". Then you can increase the intensity in "3D", "3D View Default", "Daytime Ambient". No other lighting options had any effect. If you want the Shadows too show (Final With Shadows) you may need to adjust the "Sun Angle" in the "Adjust Lights Dialog". Using the quick "Toggle Sunlight" had no effect only settings done through the "Adjust Lights Dialog". For me turning lights on or off had no impact on the scenes brightness other than the shadow cast.

See if this helps,

Graham

I have to move the sun all around the model as I create the different views, I thought you wanted interior only. That's all different. I have asked Chief to use an automatic sun to light every view as needed

This was an interior view/elevation in a kitchen. I still needed to use the sun. Without it I could not adjust the overall brightness no matter what I tried. X7

Graham

Thanks fellas for your time.

Yes the intent was for interior views. I used the Back clipping section tool to get a full view without jumping through hoops to back the camera up.

The view created (vector view is default) was good except that when sent to layout the color was lost & the art work diapered.

So when I click "Standard View" & send to layout I get the color & the pictures but the view is dark.

Work for me, did you adjust the brightness and height, also floor of the light sources.

I have played with every setting I can find for lights and placed different types and # of units. Only the Sun settings and Daytime Ambient effect my scene brightness in elevation views. When investigating these things I just draw a new basic room to keep it as simple as possible. Even if the room had no windows the Sun still changed the brightness.

Graham

I don't care about shadows at this time, just color on, pictures showing and a full view of the wall.

Perry could not get the light to work here but I am quite new to this stuff & too many setting to fool with.

Glenn, What? I'll have to revisit the manual tonight but have no idea what a transparent mask is. :)

Off to play some tennis.

later Guys

There is a way to get color and scale w/ shadows sent to the layout but you need to send a colored w/ shadows standard view and a vector view and rescale the color standard view to match the size of the vector to scale view. Too much trouble if you ask me.