Room Material List

Carpenter4

All, thanks for your help but I still don't seem to have a solution.  builtright3 suggested using the "materials area select tool" which works fine for a square room but what if the room is not square.  I would think I should be able to just click in a room and get the materials list including wall board.  Attached is a basement project and I feel I should be able to get the material list for the two finished rooms.

post-5353-0-51535200-1428154225_thumb.jpg

All, thanks for your help but I still don't seem to have a solution.  builtright3 suggested using the "materials area select tool" which works fine for a square room but what if the room is not square.  I would think I should be able to just click in a room and get the materials list including wall board.  Attached is a basement project and I feel I should be able to get the material list for the two finished rooms.

You should be able to use the Materials List Polyline for that , once you have it shaped as needed, select it, then click the Calculate Button on the edit Toolbar,

it works like the "calculate from area Tool" so whatever is inside your shaped "marquee" is included.

Glenn, where specifically is this Areas-Sheet setting you are referring to ?

MickeyToo,

To create a new material in the library:

Open the Library Browser. 

Right click on User Catalog...New...Material.

General panel...Specifications...Material Type.

Choose your poison.

You can also get there through the Plan Materials dbx and then Edit existing materials, create new materials, etc.

Rethinking my previous posts.  I am a remodeler.  When I want to remodel a ROOM it should include what is on the walls.

i.e. - repair/replace drywall in master bedroom.   I don't look at a room as what is on the floor but the whole room including

walls and ceiling. 

I agree also that you should be able to see all the materials for an individual room when you select "room materials" tool. Is there any way that this could be corrected with CA?

Is there any way that this could be corrected with CA?

Yes, post a suggestion in the suggestions section of the forum

CA will then add it to their database of requests

when it will be "fixed" depends on priorities

Lew

Is there any way that this could be corrected with CA?

Yes, post a suggestion in the suggestions section of the forum

CA will then add it to their database of requests

when it will be "fixed" depends on priorities

Lew

Squeaky wheel gets the oil. The more that suggest it the sooner it may get done. 

I will do that right now.