X-7 Tool Bars - Loading The Glock!

RobUSMC

I keep having a horrible time with the new X7 tool bars.  They keep changing or disappearing on me with me changing any settings.  The tool palette box does not correspond to the tool icon I select and I keep losing the Edit tool bar across the bottom.  I keep having to right click on an item and select the edit selection from the pull down list which is a pain.  This keep happening right in the middle of drawing standard plans as usual. I searched the forum and found to go to Prefs / Reset Option and use the Reset Side Windows but that doesn't help with the tool palette or edit tool bar.  See attached.

Thanks

Rob

post-180-0-75270900-1427977248_thumb.png

Rob,

The picture you posted shows the Wall Icon selected, not the cabinet icon, and the edit bar will many times appear after selecting an item that needs 'editing'. That's not to say you're not having problems with your tool bars but the picture you posted isn't showing those problems.

Another way to refresh your tool bars is to rename the 'toolbar' file to toolbar OLD and Chief will regenerate new tool bars. That may resolve some issues.

Yes the wall palette is up but I actually selected the cabinet icon but it wont switch over.  Its like its stuck.  When I have a cabinet, polyline or whatever in the plan and select them the edit bar still does not appear.

I was having a similar problem a week or so ago, tool bars missing. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalled X7, everything is working fine now. Just a note my first reinstall did not solve the problem. Had to go into all of the folders to make sure everything had been removed from the uninstalled version so the reinstall was a true clean install. Keep in mind that most uninstall programs do not actually remove everything, can be a bit like using delete, the file is still there just the link (association) has been removed.

Graham

I agree with Larry.

To me, it looks like you haven't selected the Cabinet tool.

4 reasons:

1. The tooltip for the Cabinet Tools is displayed  if the cabinet icon was selected, that tooltip would not show.

2. The icon has not changed color, indicating it is not selected.

3. The wall icon is indicating that is selected.

4. The tooltip in the status bar says Display Cabinet Options. Once the tool is actually selected, that tooltip doesn't display any more.

Rather than the problem being that the tool palette isn't changing, the problem seems to be that the cabinet icon is not being selected.

Are you sure your Edit toolbar isn't displaying on another screen?

The Reset side windows should of brought the Edit Bar back to the bottom of the screen even if it was on another monitor , any chance your Mouse is having issues or needs new Batteries ? and just isn't allowing you to select things 100% or the time? 

M