Selecting Partial View And Resizing

jessde

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

X7  and novice

i'm trying to select a small area on a site plan, resize it and send it to a layout. It seems I can 't  just select an area  I have to use the "select region as a picture" and paste it in layout.I tried resizing it in the metafile but it won't enlarge to over 10 ". When I resize it in layout,scale is not accurate and picture is pixelated.

There must be an easy way to do this .

It seems I can always count on help here to get me straightened out and I sure do appreciate it!

Thanks for responding but I'm still confused so let me explain what I'm trying to do a little better.

I have a site plan scaled to 1"= 100 ft. A 60 acre parcel. I want to select an acre of this lot and rescale just that selected area to 1" = 40 ft. and send that to layout.  

I can't seem to just select this small area of the site plan except by making it a picture.My layout template is arch D . are you saying to enlarge my template to capture just the part of the plan I want? And if I do that won't the remainder of the much larger image run through my border? 

Thanks again for responding.

Jess

• Solution

Let me reiterate what Alan said:

1.  Display you site Plan

2.  Send it to Layout at 1'=40'

3.  In the Layout, select the Site Plan and drag each edge until just the area you want is displayed.

4.  If it's not in the location on you layout page that you want, just grab the center handle and drag it where you want it.

That's the way this works.  You can't send just a portion of the Plan to Layout.

While sending a View to Layout you will be presented with a dialog that allows you to select "Current Screen".  This simply sets the Layout Box to only show that portion of the Plan - but you can still make the layout box bigger or smaller - everything in the Plan is still there.

Hi Alan,

thanks for the invitation. I recently moved to ukiah from Sea Ranch. No more coastal views but near the lake.

This project will be built with a view of the Pt.Arena light house.

Are you in Bay area?

Regards,

Jess

• Downvote 1

In Carmel. Some people call this Northern California but I think of it as central.

Alan,

I am spending a couple of nites in Carmel in September (after going to Idaho with D. Scott).

I might ask you for some tips if you have the time?

Absolutely. My wife considers herself the concierge of Carmel.

If you can schedule to be here on a Monday night there is a restaurant that only serves on Monday night. It is deep out in Carmel Valley called the Cachagua General Store. It has the decor of a back woods gas station with mismatched chairs and cowboy paraphernalia. Absolutely the best meal I have had in California.

Lots of great spots all around.