Disable Corner Centering in X16?

Steve-C

5 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Are we talking about the centering axis which appears when we click the centering tool after selecting an object?

Correct. I've had a rare occasion where I could have used corner centering but in the meantime it's driving me nuts trying to center items on a wall.

12 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

@Steve-C I totally agree with you and I said the same thing just a couple days ago.  This thread has a small video to explain what we are talking about.

Sorry I missed that thread. Your video is a perfect example of why I hate it so much. I guess we are both still waiting...

2 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Did anyone ever report this to Chief?  If not, you might be waiting for a while.  I kinda doubt they are going to put out any more updates for X16 this late.

I was hoping there was an option already built into the current version that offered a way to shut it off. But, considering the lack of responses I guess such an option does not exist.

22 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Did anyone ever report this to Chief?

Hey DB, how do we do this?  I thought the same as Steve, that there was a preference setting I could turn this off.  This isn't a service issue or a bug, so just figured someone from Chief was on the clock to read all the threads and would have an idea.  

But I do agree, its probably to late in X16 to have an update just for this.  

Hey DB, how do we do this?  I thought the same as Steve, that there was a preference setting I could turn this off.  This isn't a service issue or a bug, so just figured someone from Chief was on the clock to read all the threads and would have an idea.  

I don't think you can count on someone from Chief reading this.  They have said in the past that they don't have people to read all of the posts on all of the forums.  I know they have moderators that seem to respond pretty quick when you report spam but I don't even know if they look at other posts.  I also know that the "sticky" post at the top of this forum says to always send in bug reports and not just post on the forum.

So here is my take on this, they added a new feature in X16 that you find is making it more difficult to do some things and you would like a way of turning it off.  Is that a bug since the feature doesn't work the way you think it should?  Or is that a new feature request to add the ability to turn it off?  I think it's up to you to decide what you think it is and report it accordingly.  Chief may not agree with you, but at least you know they would have the report.

If you think it's a bug, you can report it to tech support here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

If you think it's a feature request, you can post it here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/8-suggestions/

Or email them here:

suggestions@chiefarchitect.com