Any way to add horizontal support(s) to full-height cabinet door?

ElkRivers

Make a 3 panel door symbol using solids.  Takes a minute or two.  Begin with CAD detail from view, the elevation view of the cabinet, so you can match lines for getting the rail placements where needed.

I might add a width stretch plane, but since the door height and rail placement is specific to the cabinet cluster, I would not bother with horizontal planes.

20 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

how can your door be smart enough to have its mid-rails align to the doors adjacent

I do it this way- plan attached. If you change door style then change the seperation size. I always include the framing bead in the wainscot panel I use to make these. Easy to change rails and styles, framing beads, locations number of panels.

image.thumb.png.e95657905720ec007cbd268b68d47078.pngimage.thumb.png.7965b5002acbf81391058dc75abedbe1.pngimage.thumb.png.08c53e9b897a0ba9b90cde8a30dbcfe6.png

Should have mentioned that once converted to a symbol which I didn't do here you can also change stretch planes and zones.

multi panel door.zip

• Like 1

Hey @MarkMc I only dip my toes into Chief cabinets and are way short of being in the weeds as deep as you.

What is this "Side Panel CRP 10" or whatever inset panel you use to get a beaded panel?

And how do you build the tall door with two intermediate rails as the OP needs if the door is from, say, the Wellborne line, the one I show in the pics below?

Screenshot 2024-09-26 125435.png

Screenshot 2024-09-26 125718.png

@GeneDavis"Side Panel CRP 10" is a wainscott panel -i.e center panel with framing bead included- that I use for one brands door (a CRP 10)

For every brand I have ever used I make my own doors instead of what they have. For myself IF were a Wellborn dealer I would have made a wainscot panel for the door and another for the doors. IF I needed an outside edge profile for the door I make that as part of the wainscott panel. I use counters for that, as shown in the thread that DBCooper linked to. For the outside profile just add another molding that is offset by the width of the rails and stiles. Hard part is getting the advanced sizing, bounding box offset and stretch planes correct. For some reason (at least in X15 but may have changed) often also need to change the z origin. Starts out looking a bit odd too.

Slapped this together faster than finding an old one.

image.thumb.png.d95836734c2a439e3c5ca1ebf393bb68.png