Basement furring wall to bottom of floor trusses

Astrigal

I have been following the video titled "Creating Basements with Furring Walls and when I get to the point where he shows a cross section it looks like this:

image.png.c6ceba82079caf5c4e4fdbded149ba12.png

But when I follow the same pattern he is using (CA 15) I get this:

image.thumb.png.edbcdc07d72938811b6f8d9259e63f75.png

For some reason my furring wall does not go all the way up to the underside of the floor trusses, but stops at the ceiling sheetrock.

I'm using a wall definition that includes the furring wall as part of the wall.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

In the section view, measure the ceiling height from slab to bottom of floor framing.

In plan view basement, click a room, open spec > structure.  Report back how room ceiling height compares to what it measured in section. 

your, what looks to be air gap, between the foundation and the furred wall, also goes to the top where the CA example does not.

If I were you I would look at the wall definition between your wall and an OOTB residential template for a foundation wall

When did you begin to use Chief and do you still have a template that has it in its as-shipped as-set-up config?

You've obviously diddled with many of the settings.  This is what is causing the unwanted results.

Here's a tell.  The tiny cross box atop your rim joist.

Here's another.  Your fur wall has one top plate, not two.

Close the file, and post it here as an attachment.  If large, zip.  If larger, strip it of all its nonstructural stuff, then try and post it here.

17 hours ago, Astrigal said:

Any ideas?

If you post your plan file, someone will be able to provide you with the specific solution. If posting your plan file publicly doesn't work for you, you could always consider paid consultation where you have the benefit of confidential communication. Either way, you'll get specific solutions in a very timely fashion. Help on the forum is free, but you may be surprised at how much you can learn or how many problems can be addressed in a 30-60 minute consultation.

@GeneDavis I think I have it.   I did go back to an original template, unmodified, as you suggested, and tried again.  This time it mostly worked.  I realized I needed to check the box for 'air gap' for the air gap layer to keep the little vertical line to the left from going up past the top of the foundation, and to only set the stud wall as a framing wall.  I left it the wall with 2 top plates. 

When I build the foundation with the combination concrete and furring wall it works well if the ceiling sheetrock is not present.  Once I turn on the basement ceiling sheetrock the top plates stay up against the bottom of the floor trusses correctly but the sheetrock line goes behind the studs and reshows itself in the air gap, stopping at the concrete foundation.   Interesting. Maybe it was the way I cutting the cross section.

What I did then was to not have the foundation wall definition include any furring wall, but instead just created a definition for furring wall only.  (the video also showed that as well).  When I place the furring wall up against the foundation and build the framing it all looks proper, even with the ceiling sheetrock, so I think that's a good answer, and more flexible.  Thanks again for the suggestion to make a fresh start.