Adjusting / lengthening footing lines

BCNABE

Is there a way to adjust or lengthen the footing of a wall?

In the attached image, at the top, I show a bearing wall with a footing and it looks correct - the footing goes beyond each end of the wall.  But if I add a wall to make it "L" shaped and that wall segment is non-bearing (no footing) the footing on the bearing wall will only go to the center of the non-bearing wall when in reality it should go beyond it (the red line that I have noted).

Capture.JPG

Are these framed walls on Floor 1 marked as Foundation in order to build footings?

If so, uncheck the Foundation setting on those walls. Instead, on the Structure panel check Bearing Wall / Create Wall/Footing Below.

If you don't have a Foundation floor, you'll need to build one.

These footings will still generate wrong around corners

image.png.afcf1e39c980f3abe300bee9d6fb6298.png

But the wall/footing can be adjusted on Floor 0 independently of the walls on Floor 1.

image.png.0ff76572eedc96b39b754f33dd873234.png

These are bearing walls in the basement, so I have the walls drawn on level 0 (foundation) and the walls marked as "foundation" in the dialog box.

21 hours ago, BCNABE said:

Is there a way to adjust or lengthen the footing of a wall?

Not a good one! The above methods will work, but I have found it much simpler to place the footings manually. I have a footing (made from a slab) saved to my library that has all the correct properties and elevations set so that I can place it in the plan, center it on the bearing walls, and then stretch it as needed. This is also especially helpful when you need to show a break in the footing at doorways or other portions to accommodate plumbing, etc. Currently, you can't break an auto-footing at a doorway.

The only benefit to the auto-footing is that it is automatically centered. I don't need to update mine...I don't place them until I'm completing the final plan set.

Another nice feature, is that my saved footing has a macro that auto-generates the text notes and it can report the footing length (if I see the need to include that information).

And because it's a slab, it still fills correctly in section view.

We used to be able to adjust the footings independently a few versions back, but now you can't very easily. not sure why it went away.   It was really easy to manipulate the footings for pads etc.