" When will we be getting this ... ? "

basketballman

It's coming. My guess is in a year or so.  Many of the softwares are heading in this direction. 

On a side... No wonder NVIDIA has a 2 trillion dollar evaluation at the moment. Everyone in this industry may require a hardware upgrade just to keep up with this. 

is this what you want:

image.thumb.png.dfdbcf042d6b827fadc6d2d1f0d1faa2.png

It looks like an exterior style pallet tool, where the "creativity" slider starts to change more things, and uses key words to determine what to change.

I do like the what if functionality, not sure if he can save it as different versions of the model, as he shows them as bit maps.

He also spends a fair amount of time waiting, and it looks like trial and error. What they should do is just batch 10 different options, so he can go have lunch and then come back and see ten different results

1 hour ago, SHCanada2 said:

is this what you want:

image.thumb.png.dfdbcf042d6b827fadc6d2d1f0d1faa2.png

Yeah I nearly spit my tea when I got to that part in his demo. One day this tech will reach a point where this is more than gimmicky, I'm sure, but right now it feels like people are just jumping on the AI fad train. Optimally we shouldn't even know that there's AI-anything happening, it should be a subtle integration, not a magic "fix my design for me" button.

3 hours ago, SHCanada2 said:

What they should do is just batch 10 different options, so he can go have lunch and then come back and see ten different results

For fun, I tried an AI rendering resource. In 20 seconds or less it spews out a life-like view. They take an uploaded photo (or sketch), and the cloud based rendering computer spews out a Frankenstein-ed version of the original design (even if it looks nicely rendered).

The problem is however, is that the AI won't hold true to the original design. They added a second floor outdoor shower to the house, when it was initially shown on the grade level. But that said, the rendered result is pretty darn close.

(Now if CA had the bandwidth to provide a cloud based rendering engine... that would be really great). Everyone always posts about making more realistic renderings, and this AI stuff is literally everywhere. 

...anyway X-17 is probably going to have some form of AI tools.  

Still curious as to what new features await us in the X-16 tool box. Time will only tell.   

c893706c-776d-4d13-aa8d-b2c5bc012dad-2296235360-3873217452-fix.jpg