Cabinet Elevations

Leadcarpo

Hello, I am doing some cabinet elevations, and I was wondering if there is a way to remove cabinet details from side wall cabinets, but still keep one in there to show the detail on the side of that cabinet

image.thumb.png.29094d1721141122bbb8171255f47ca8.png

You can edit lines within Layout. I don't believe you can adjust your camera clip planes to edit out those since they are foreground. I would probably place those cabinets on a distinct layer and hide it for that view. Make a unique layerset for that camera view.

Right, just using Back Clipped won't do any different. That would just allow you to remove things from the background, not the foreground. That'd controlled by the location of the elevation camera itself, so snapping the elevation camera to the side of the Full cabinet SHOULD do what you're looking for, but there are still lines that may show through, because the sides of all these cabinets are all in the same plane.

2 minutes ago, Gawdzira said:

You can edit lines within Layout.

This is the answer.

Otherwise you could put those cabinets onto a different layer JUST to hide them in elevation views, but it's probably easier to just use Edit Layout Lines.

Consider using a CAD mask that still provides the outline of the 'cut' cabinets but shades out the inner details. While this is manual, it will provide context and clarity. A cad block can be made to mask the base and wall cabinet and by adjusting the insert point, it can be quickly place in each view as needed. This would be preferable to cropping the view or altering layers, both of which also take time.

image.thumb.png.07a65d294602e6148063154a7848ef4f.png

• Like 2