Missing

winterdd

Guys, I was emailed a plan file from a local builder needing me to clean up their model and do renderings for them. My question is why would this be missing (circled below). Would someone have had to delete them. I believe this came from X15 because when I saved it no warning came up about a previous version. Just trying to see how to revise this and switch between the framing and electrical and such. The home is fully modeled.

image.thumb.png.84f864c321f283b8ff425fcd3131f0bd.png

6 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

The user must not understand how to use SPVs, and works from a template in which there are none.

Ask them.

It appears they had AutoCad in mind when doing the design and set up extra layers to turn on and off between the groups. I get it, but boy is it easier with CA setup.

Based on the walls being yellow, my guess is that it was started with a very old version of Chief that did not have saved plan views.   It was probably brought forward and then saved in X15 without ever adding/importing any saved plan views.

You could import the saved plan views you want using "file/import".  You could also just create them on the fly as needed by setting up the views you want to save and then saving them.  This is super easy in principle but if the plan doesn't have proper layer sets or default sets it can be a bit of a pain.  You could also just "old school" it and not use saved plan views but if you have never worked this way before you probably won't like it.

• Upvote 1