Default Floor Elev / Plot Plan Elevation

Evolution

Lake House Client wants me to set the default floor elevation (main floor =0 by default) to corrilate with the topo map elevation.

elevation at corner of house for example is 900' so main level floor (+/- 36" above 900')=903'.

When I attempt to edit default floor in edit default the floor elevations are greyed out. Do I have to change each rooms floor elevation in lieu of globally changing the defaul. I can't seem to find any other way to change it.

Thanks!

That is an arbitrary built into the software (first floor at zero inches), that is no reason that your topo cannot be relationally correct (I have done that many times), you just do the math and make it so. Relationally correct starts with default settings. there is nothing wrong with what your client is asking for other than it is impossible to do easily. The appearance of exactitude can be achieved but trying to impose "the real world" on to a virtual one is more difficult and unnecessary act.

If you were to do as your client wants would be making something simple unnecessarily complex IMHO.

DJP

You can't change the default floor elevations - the fist floor will always be at 0'-0". Once the Terrain Perimeter is built, adjust the Pad Elevation in the Terrain Specification dbx to raise/lower the Terrain Perimeter to where you want it.

You can't change the default floor elevations - the fist floor will always be at 0'-0". Once the Terrain Perimeter is built, adjust the Pad Elevation in the Terrain Specification dbx to raise/lower the Terrain Perimeter to where you want it.

Attempting to do that, but so far the results are crazy and BOY is it taking a lot of TRIAL AND ERROR!

post-1662-0-50908400-1424888761_thumb.png