Floor truss

Hammer7

I found a bug in the floor truss system.  Try putting in "blocking" and take a look in 3d.

I'm trying to use floor trusses more and more, but I still don't have a good understanding of the limitations.

For example cantilevering, or cantilevering for a deck.

BTW, I did report this bug to Nigel at CA.

Nigel2.jpg

20 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

I found a bug in the floor truss system.  Try putting in "blocking" and take a look in 3d.

I'm trying to use floor trusses more and more, but I still don't have a good understanding of the limitations.

For example cantilevering, or cantilevering for a deck.

BTW, I did report this bug to Nigel at CA.

Nigel2.jpg

What's the bug here? If it's that the blocking is displaying as cross bridging, then that's a setting on the blocking itself. Open the blocking for specification and change it's blocking type to either In-Line or Stagger. The Cross/Bridging option is what produces this unique 3D look. You can change what this option is set to for floor blocking by default in the Build Framing Dialog within the floor framing options.

Chief_Architect_Premier_X15_TsV0aOgum0.thumb.png.e3a2347d964b87e107d0d377c3e4209c.png

13 minutes ago, Hammer7 said:

A bit hard to exactly say what's going on. Are you trying to make automatic floor trusses? In X14, that isn't available and they'll have to be drawn in manually using the Floor/Ceiling Truss tool. X15 added in the ability to automatically rollout trusses within floors, ceilings, and roofs.

Another thing of note is that it appears you have your OSB layer set to framing. Setting that layer to framing will create framing members within that layer and manually drawn trusses will be placed on this layer since it's the top-most framing layer, which I'm assuming is something you don't want. Open up your Floor Structure Definition, which can be reached from your Floor/Ceiling Platform defaults (or can be accessed on a per-room or per-floor basis) and uncheck "Framing" for the OBS layer. Once "Framing" is unchecked for your OSB layer, you shouldn't have any issues drawing in your floor trusses.

Chief_Architect_Premier_X14_uDA9julsGt.thumb.png.5e9970de460862399ea678e9b28a39ba.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammer7 said:

Yes, the top cord seems to be in the right spot, bottom cord up against it but no webbing, when I select it the highlight boxes indicate it is at the right height or size depth.

can you post your plan, we are just guessing otherwise. If you need a higher mb cap I think you are in my discord server, you can post it there

55 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

Thanks Michael,

You missed the subtle image difference.  The X-Bracing is good in terms of putting something between the floor trusses, but take a good look at it in 3d, you'll see that there is NO thickness to the actual X members.

FWIW Trusses wouldn't use X bracing, they would most likely require Strong-Backs.

2 hours ago, jtcapa1 said:

Thanks Michael,

You missed the subtle image difference.  The X-Bracing is good in terms of putting something between the floor trusses, but take a good look at it in 3d, you'll see that there is NO thickness to the actual X members.

XBrace3d.jpg

XBracePlan.jpg

I see what you mean. I agree that it should probably have some thickness as paper-thin bracing doesn't seem right, that's just how the cross/bridging option has always generated its 3D. Sounds like you've already reported this to Nigel, so thanks for sending it in!