Admistrator (me) has locked me out of program ?

pastorjim

I am trying to open my C/A 10.08 on my laptop win 11. I get an error telling me that for my safety I have been locked out of the program. Then it says that the administrator who BTW is me has locked me out and I should contact him for info. After talking to myself a determined that I dont have any reason to lock me out. The dongle is in and glowing red. Has anyone else had similar issues or an answer. please?

JIM

Yes, I am semi retired and dom't do that much work anymore. I guess you didn't think that I might have thought of that myself. Plenty of guys still using it. Never mind I figured it out myself. THanks for your helpful input.

Jim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pastorjim said:

Never mind I figured it out myself.

Would be good then to add the  Solution to the thread  so "all those guys still using it" who run into the same Issue can fix their Issue themselves in the future.

M.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 2:56 PM, pastorjim said:

I am trying to open my C/A 10.08 on my laptop win 11. I get an error telling me that for my safety I have been locked out of the program. Then it says that the administrator who BTW is me has locked me out and I should contact him for info. After talking to myself a determined that I dont have any reason to lock me out. The dongle is in and glowing red. Has anyone else had similar issues or an answer. please?

JIM

Jim, it could be that your current antivirus protections is keeping you from using the software.  In fact just today we ran into a situation where Microsoft's 'Windows security' (previously windows defender) assumed Chief Architect X15 was a threat.  You may need to 'whitelist' the software in order for your PC to allow it to operate correctly.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26#:~:text=Go to Start > Settings > Update,%2C file types%2C or process.

I use Malwarebytes as my virus protection and can easily access the whitelist in my settings.  If you're using a third party you may want to google how you access that list for your particular provider.