Random extra 1/8" adding to my dimension strings

DeLayDesign

Hey folks - has anyone experienced a random 1/8" being added to your dimension strings?  No matter what I do to try to adjust the dimensions it keeps adding in 1/8" to my dimensions.  What's even more strange is when I try to adjust the dimension to 10'6" even, and click on the dimension that says 10'6.125" chief is telling me it is actually 10'6".

I've tried moving the connections, moving the walls... and nothing changes.

image.thumb.png.a0b75bf5277934f40ec6bd26f9b23a24.png

It might have to do with rounding.  Depending on your settings, Chief might show a different value for the overall dimension so that all of the inner dimensions will actually add up.  You might want to check each of the other dimensions to see if they are actually what you think they should be.

If that doesn't help, then post the plan.

I checked the 'rounding' it's set to a value of 1/8" and each cabinet is an exact width (3" increments)... Even if I try to move the wall to the dimension I want (10'-6"), Chief says it's 10'-6" in the dimension dialog; but the dimension keeps saying it's 10'6.125".

I ended up overwriting the text so it read correctly, but something strange is definitely happening.  I have also submitted a ticket to chief.

Looking at your picture above, the math adds up: 

4' 3" + 2' 6" + 3' 9 1/8" = 10' 6 1/8"

Your cabinets may be on 3" increments but this doesn't mean they are positioned accurately.  Maybe you have some small gaps or even overlaps somewhere along the row.  Or, maybe your appliances aren't sized or positioned accurately.  You might want to also check to see if both the 2' 6" or the 3' 9 1/8" dimensions are exact. 

My guess is that this is just a problem with how you have laid things out.

10 hours ago, DeLayDesign said:

I checked the 'rounding' it's set to a value of 1/8"

I would try changing that to 1/16" and see what happens.  Unfortunately Grid Rounding can show an error as much as you have your Smallest Fraction set to in my testing under some situations, so you may want to eliminate that possibility by switching to Distance Rounding and see if that resolves it, or part of it.

Again these are all guesses without the plan file....   Surely you can clip a kitchen island out of a plan file without breaching client confidentiality.

Or wait a week for tech support to respond.  I have had quite a few responses from tech recently that just say "why not post it on the forum".