Motorhome symbol

ericepv

Does anyone have a symbol they'd be willing to share for a large 'Class A' motor-home (like what the rock stars take on tour)? The ones I've found so far range from cheesy (free ones) to very pricey (nice ones).

19 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Here is a 2017 Tiffin Allegro for free at the 3D Whse.  https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ba1a6135-e0fd-4799-8353-9ec9fcc9b6f0/2018-Tiffin-Allegro-Bus-Class-A-motorhome-RV

Resize it after the import keeping aspect ratio and length = 34'3"

I did download that one but it looks pretty poor in the render.

I find clients get far too interested, too nit-picky, and distracted, in the details of 3D fixtures, and so only include items they have hard-spec'd with make and model info.  Kohler number this, Hans Grohe number that.  Any vehicle I place in a render, I want to be stripped of texture and detail so as to look as totally generic as possible, and I emphasize that it is there to demonstrate size fit for space.

"That doesn't look like ours.  The dish on top isn't right.  Our colors are a different green."   I don't want that.  Let's focus on the building design.  

But to do garage mahals for clients that have a couple million in vehicle value in them, and they want to see the glitz, their real cars, you send photos and details to the 3D whiz guys over on the other side of the planet, the guys that will model anything you want, to do the Lambos and special edition 911s they wanted to see in their "ultimate garages."  That outside work expense is added to the bill.

For the client that is getting an RV barn with a side bay for cookout parties, I do an RV that looks pretty Lego, no textures, no details, just a box on wheels with some glass in front.

16 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I find clients get far too interested, too nit-picky, and distracted, in the details of 3D fixtures, and so only include items they have hard-spec'd with make and model info.  Kohler number this, Hans Grohe number that.  Any vehicle I place in a render, I want to be stripped of texture and detail so as to look as totally generic as possible, and I emphasize that it is there to demonstrate size fit for space.

"That doesn't look like ours.  The dish on top isn't right.  Our colors are a different green."   I don't want that.  Let's focus on the building design.  

But to do garage mahals for clients that have a couple million in vehicle value in them, and they want to see the glitz, their real cars, you send photos and details to the 3D whiz guys over on the other side of the planet, the guys that will model anything you want, to do the Lambos and special edition 911s they wanted to see in their "ultimate garages."  That outside work expense is added to the bill.

For the client that is getting an RV barn with a side bay for cookout parties, I do an RV that looks pretty Lego, no textures, no details, just a box on wheels with some glass in front.

That's not the case here. I'm preparing a series of renderings for an upscale development  which is designed for the owners of large motorhomes, the client will be using them for marketing. The client has been great to work with, I'm the one who's not happy with the symbol as the finished product will have my name on it. I can easily pay for a nicer symbol from one of the many online sources  but before I do, I thought I'd see if anyone had one to share, that's all.

1 hour ago, ericepv said:

That's not the case here. I'm preparing a series of renderings for an upscale development  which is designed for the owners of large motorhomes, the client will be using them for marketing. The client has been great to work with, I'm the one who's not happy with the symbol as the finished product will have my name on it. I can easily pay for a nicer symbol from one of the many online sources  but before I do, I thought I'd see if anyone had one to share, that's all.

In that case, why not consider using public domain stock photos of various vehicles? Strip out the background imagery, and add them to your renderings in post production. That way you can show a variety of vehicles, instead of the same one over and over. Plus they would be naturally photorealistic, and free. The only issue would be orienting your building model to the perspective and angle of the vehicles, involving some trial and error.

11 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

In that case, why not consider using public domain stock photos of various vehicles? Strip out the background imagery, and add them to your renderings in post production. That way you can show a variety of vehicles, instead of the same one over and over. Plus they would be naturally photorealistic, and free. The only issue would be orienting your building model to the perspective and angle of the vehicles, involving some trial and error.

That's a good solution for the site overview but for the close up view that the client has requested, I still need a decent symbol.