ERROR: RenderingPipeline.cpp(186): Error #272032750 "An internal rendering error has occurred and the program will terminate: Device Removed"

sea_lyons

Has anyone experienced this error before or have a fix? I'm getting it multiple times per hour, nearly every time I'm in PB camera mode. Once I press OK, the program crashes. Extremely frustrating, time consuming. Losing work if auto save wasn't recent, etc etc. 

This has only started happening since I switched to a new laptop approx 1 month ago. Also using an external monitor for the first time. This file was started on my last laptop.
^Not sure if any of the above factors into what I'm experiencing but worth mentioning. 

image.thumb.png.245a142aa5150f2c9edff366ff4df5cd.png

This has only started happening since I switched to a new laptop approx 1 month ago. Also using an external monitor for the first time. This file was started on my last laptop.
^Not sure if any of the above factors into what I'm experiencing but worth mentioning. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the new laptop and the external monitor.

See if this tech article helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

If not, then you might want to call tech support.

• 5 months later...

Keep getting this when I do camera views and cross section views. Has anyone found a fix for this? I'm working with the latest Nvidia drivers. Working of the hard drive, not the cloud.

RenderingPipeline.cpp(193): Error #272032750

"An internal rendering error has occurred and the program will terminate: Device Removed"
01/22/2024 01:44:32 PM
Build: 25.3.0.77 Windows 64-bit

9 minutes ago, DarlingInc said:

Keep getting this when I do camera views and cross section views. Has anyone found a fix for this? I'm working with the latest Nvidia drivers. Working of the hard drive, not the cloud.

RenderingPipeline.cpp(193): Error #272032750

"An internal rendering error has occurred and the program will terminate: Device Removed"
01/22/2024 01:44:32 PM
Build: 25.3.0.77 Windows 64-bit

That's a TDR error, and yes its typically a drivers issue on your card. Is the card in your signature correct?which driver version are you using, version number and studio or gaming?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DarlingInc said:

Has anyone found a fix for this?

It's possible it is hardware related the Titan is an Older Videocard ( 2015) now and Chief has some diagnostic KB Articles and things to check, but the 1st thing I'd try is installing an older Version of the Nvidia Drivers if things have been good to now, and perhaps disable/Uninstall Geforce Experience , as it will try to auto update the Drivers , which maybe what has happened, but it is not needed at all.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03146/identifying-the-shader-model-of-your-graphics-card-in-windows.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

If you have X15 then now would be a good time for a new Videocard too as I don't think currently you have the new PBR RTRT enabled due to the Card as I think the Titan was Maxwell/GTX technology based on the 10 Series cards and you need at least a 2000 Series card, but these days I would go with a 4000 Series card such as the 4070/4070Ti

this will show if it can or can't use PBR RTRT (Real Time Ray Tracing)

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html#Determine

M.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarlingInc said:

I'm using the latest updates on the driver...I guess I have to upgrade the gpu...

Thank you for the replies. Now to find out which one to buy.

If you were rocking a TITAN before I would say saf-to-say someone wanted you to have the best available. In that case, a 4080 or 4090 RTX card on the nvidia side, or if you don;t want all the driver fuss I love the 7900 XTX. 
I have both the 4090 and (2) 7900 XTX's

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarlingInc said:

I'm using the latest updates on the driver...I guess I have to upgrade the gpu...

Thank you for the replies. Now to find out which one to buy.

I would certainly downgrade the drivers for now as a test anyway.......

Nvidia has released some new Videocards this month, so that will help push prices downward on older Stock with luck but what to buy is larger based on your Budget , but consider it a 3-4 investment in your business and it won't hurt so much :) .

Certainly the 4090 is the Card to get but it is not really needed for Chief , Rene is doing things other than Chief, so benefits from it in that regard eg Blender / Photoshop etc etc , but maybe you use those too? 

*When you install the Nvidia Driver , DON'T do an Express Install > Select Custom  ( and Clean install ) and uncheck Geforce Experience so it is removed/not installed. 

Mick.

• Like 1

@DarlingInc I would be very cautious about upgrading just

the GPU on a 9 year old computer. These new video cards

are physically enormous and require oodles of power. There

is a good chance the card will not fit in your motherboard and

case and your power supply probably can't supply the cables

needed to power it. 

82888952_RTXPower.thumb.PNG.63b7b3c86c5617b7b625030ceb0407f7.PNG

By the time you upgrade your case, motherboard, power supply

and video card you're probably better off shopping for a new rig.

As for what level of performance to choose for the components

I prefer to settle in one version below whatever is the latest and 

greatest release. Usually available, cheaper, and more reliable

without much of a drop off in performance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DarlingInc said:

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I keep forgetting 2015 was 9 years ago already! Time flies when you're having fun. :D

I don't think you need a 4090 for sure, ( you were happy with the Titan :) )  and you may have issues as Rich pointed out but some of the newer cards I mentioned like the Asus 4070 Super line are relatively small ( 2 fans 2.5 slots) and only require 1 8pin cable ( Asus supplies an adaptor for the new 12pin plug used on the super cards) , ( ask your resident Gamer for more info )   of course right now it maybe tough to get one as they have only been out a week.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-4070-super-dual/

Mick.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rich_Winsor said:

@DarlingInc I would be very cautious about upgrading just

the GPU on a 9 year old computer. These new video cards

are physically enormous and require oodles of power. There

is a good chance the card will not fit in your motherboard and

case and your power supply probably can't supply the cables

needed to power it. 

82888952_RTXPower.thumb.PNG.63b7b3c86c5617b7b625030ceb0407f7.PNG

By the time you upgrade your case, motherboard, power supply

and video card you're probably better off shopping for a new rig.

As for what level of performance to choose for the components

I prefer to settle in one version below whatever is the latest and 

greatest release. Usually available, cheaper, and more reliable

without much of a drop off in performance.

Really appreciate the info. I did upgrade my motherboard about year ago. Definitely going to weigh my options now that I know all the details.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 12:13 PM, Kbird1 said:

If the MB is only a year old it is likely fine and whoever did that for you can likely give you more advice on a new GPU ...or just ask here :) 

M.

One more question...looks like Nvidia is out of stock on the 4090...does the brand matter? MSI or Asus? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, DarlingInc said:

One more question...looks like Nvidia is out of stock on the 4090...does the brand matter? MSI or Asus? Thanks in advance.

i have the 4090 and the 7800 XTX and the differences are pretty small when it comes to chief. see if you can find the XTX.
Also, @Rich_Winsor was right. You may need other upgrades...power supply is def one of the upgrades required to run these cards

22 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

i have the 4090 and the 7800 XTX and the differences are pretty small when it comes to chief. see if you can find the XTX.
Also, @Rich_Winsor was right. You may need other upgrades...power supply is def one of the upgrades required to run these cards

Thanks so much. I actually upgraded my motherboard and power supply last year so I'm good to go. I do a lot of rendering in Twin Motion so I wouldn't mind having the best gpu I guess I'll have to wait....

10 hours ago, DarlingInc said:

Thanks so much. I actually upgraded my motherboard and power supply last year so I'm good to go. I do a lot of rendering in Twin Motion so I wouldn't mind having the best gpu I guess I'll have to wait....

For Chief and I would think TM, a  4070 or 4070Ti (or one of the new "Super" Versions of the same Cards) would suffice and and save you some cash vs the 4090 which are still pretty expense, and besides the High wattage Power supply you need a Case that will accept one, they are huge both long and wide,  even the 4080 would save you money , enough for an extra Monitor for example.

M.

• Like 1