Object Eyedropper / Match Properties

JKEdmo

I'm a little perplexed by the Object Eyedropper tool and it's abilities.

I was just now trying to match / convert an arrowhead of a room leader from arrow to dot style.

This to me seems about as basic a challenge for such a tool...

image.thumb.png.99d7c50826c5237e8f0eaba6efc9fd11.png

But, the tool does not seem to work for me.  Digging deeper, I see that the "properties to load" panel does not have any arrowhead properties, so maybe that's why the arrowhead does not change:

image.thumb.png.750de313176197b5a93cd7e958d1850c.png

From what I have read, the tool seems pretty powerful and detailed...

Anyhow, two questions:

1) Am I misusing the tool and I just need to understand it better?

2) And related to this -- does Chief have a true "match ALL properties" tool that works?

Thanks,

Jim

1) I have found that "match properties" does not include all properties.  I think Chief has said in the past that they will add more properties over time based on what people ask for.  You might want to send them a feature request for things like this you want included, like arrowheads.

2)  Yes, it's called copy/paste.  Probably not going to help in this case though because you don't really want to match all properties.

For cases like this, I would just select both lines and set the arrowheads the same.  I would also make sure I had my defaults set up so that I would get the arrowheads I wanted from the start.

18 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

I have found that "match properties" does not include all properties.  I think Chief has said in the past that they will add more properties over time based on what people ask for.  You might want to send them a feature request for things like this you want included, like arrowheads.

Thanks DB for your quick reply and insight.

Jim

8 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

OTOH, the "Object Painter" tool really should match the "Arrow Style". Submit a request.

Thanks Joe.  Went to do it, but you beat me to it!

Jim

5 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

This specifically is the default arrow style for your active view, just as fast to change the default. 3 Clicks

Yes, except I want to keep my default as a normal arrow head.  I occassionally use the leader with a dot style head for the room tags I place outside a room.

2 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

Yes, except I want to keep my default as a normal arrow head.  I occassionally use the leader with a dot style head for the room tags I place outside a room.

still as many clicks to change back..think of it as a tool..edit view, switch default..draw, then do it again. Even faster if you just make a SPV with that arrow default, then you can hover over SPVs, mouse wheel down once and have the second arrow style defaulted..requires a new layer set and SPV

10 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

still as many clicks to change back..think of it as a tool..edit view, switch default..draw, then do it again. Even faster if you just make a SPV with that arrow default, then you can hover over SPVs, mouse wheel down once and have the second arrow style defaulted..requires a new layer set and SPV

Don't understand off hand, but I'll give the technique a try.  I have some homework to do...

Jim

• 1 month later...

The "Match Properties" tool need some upgrades!

First on my list would be a SELECT button so the user can select objects to filter from, not the entire visible objects.

Second would be all or most of the object properties.

Like arrow heads, this is a PITA for me too!

Also the default text height of the object so you could select all of the Rtext with 5" default text height.