Plan with decks, material list only reporting deck boards, no framing

GeneDavis

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

If I try to get a material list by selecting the deck "room",, I get nada. If I calculate all floors it shows up under I.D.: Decks-Walks. But at least I can shut all else off and isolate the deck mats that way. 

25 minutes ago, DG1949 said:

If I try to get a material list by selecting the deck "room",, I get nada. If I calculate all floors it shows up under I.D.: Decks-Walks. But at least I can shut all else off and isolate the deck mats that way. 

My file?  You get the 4x4, the 4x8, the 2x8 framing all to report?  Show me a screen cap.

The layer is on.  Any of the framing members can be selected and opened for spec.  Here is how the material list is reporting.  Up higher in the material list, every single framing member in floors, walls, and roofs is reporting.

Screenshot 2023-07-04 135037.png

• Solution
11 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

The framing was built auto, then edited.  All the rims got changed because Chief built them a 1.125 engineered lumber.  I edited the joist layout and added the blocking for the railing post anchors.  That's all.

In the plan you made available, the layer I mentioned was not on in the Materials List layer set.

image.thumb.png.b5e13a138415d0b4bd4a65f35d5bec41.png

image.thumb.png.8a945900365a8ccea5c90cf49697f295.png

image.thumb.png.a1bae60d168a1f48a8a9bae3bb5f0e59.png

3 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Thanks!  I had no idea there was a Materials List Layer Set.  I though the way what was reported to the ML was via that dialog that has categories.

In previous versions, the Layer Display dialog had an 'M' column that could be checked to include layers in materials lists, but of course those could be altered for every layer set, which increased the chance of user error. This was updated to a single layer set just for controlling materials list reporting. You could make copies of that layer set for specific purposes.

Feel free to mark that post as 'solved'!