Three Questions, walls, reference display, RCP

Ed_Orum

#1  My walls disconnect from each other when moving using dimensions.  How do I keep them from doing that?
#2  How do I select items from the floor below (or above) to show up in the reference display on the floor above(or below)?

#3  What is the easiest way to do an RCP?

Thanks in advance.

Lane De Muro

#1. This might depend on which dimension you are trying to change for a given wall configuration and how you have selected the wall.  Show us an example of a config and what you are trying to change and I might have some better advice.

#2. The reference floor will be displayed using a layer set and you can use any layer set you want.  Just make sure the objects you want to see are turned on in the layer set you are using for your reference display.  So basically, you can control what shows up in your reference display just like you can control what shows up in your floor plan.

3 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

#2. The reference floor will be displayed using a layer set and you can use any layer set you want.  Just make sure the objects you want to see are turned on in the layer set you are using for your reference display.  So basically, you can control what shows up in your reference display just like you can control what shows up in your floor plan.

Also make sure the Reference Layer Set has the appropriate line styles and colors so they are differentiated from the main floor.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Orum said:

#1  My walls disconnect from each other when moving using dimensions.

It also may depend on how you're selecting the walls - it's not obvious but if you just select a wall and see all the normal edit handles, you'll be good

image.png.7522a8ed0a3ad18fad1a0436e9c3e886.png = Yes! image.png.0f08c9b52ec1fe51bec24c6b2fe782ef.png

but if you shift+click or drag a marquee selection around a wall so you only have the Move/Rotate handle, it will break away from connected walls.

image.png.1e5abad6b2a7e7fb34f345e588ded86c.png = NO! image.png.80a9f66f42500230a425f34a45354ada.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Orum said:

#3  What is the easiest way to do an RCP?

It can get somewhat involved, depending on how deep you wanna go. It makes sense if you need 'em often to have a saved plan view saved in your template - this is the first thing covered in this vid: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10258/ceilings-vault-shed-trey-a-reflected-plan.html

1 hour ago, glennw said:

After selecting the wall and dimension you want to change, use the 2 headed arrow icon - not the 4 headed arrow icon.

Ah, yeah that too - good point, Glenn. I find it's best to just ignore those buttons, the default choice is usually best.