Frieze boards

winterdd

Does anyone know why or how to fix these auto generated frieze boards? It leaves gaps at the ends on every home I do. Just as a sidenote, I manually build my post and beams and create railing walls to do my carport but turn off the post to beam options. Does that have anything to do with it?

image.thumb.png.6b9bc950193816f3c497b09a5ae24c8c.png

Rob, have you tried adjusting your default camera settings? If you use the generated sky, and have the terrain extend to the horizon, those default views will look much nicer for you making it much nicer for working. I also really like turning the hand drawn lines on with every setting set as low as possible and 3d patttern lines turned off.

Whoops, just realized you don't have X15.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Rob, have you tried adjusting your default camera settings? If you use the generated sky, and have the terrain extend to the horizon, those default views will look much nicer for you making it much nicer for working. I also really like turning the hand drawn lines on with every setting set as low as possible and 3d patttern lines turned off.

Whoops, just realized you don't have X15.

Yep, I am too comfortable with X13 right now lol. 

You should be able to control the ending location and mitre angle.

The Frieze is a 3D Molding Polyline on the Roofs, Trim layer.

Unlock the Roofs, Trim layer - you will have to turn off auto trims.

In an elevation view select the 3D Molding Polyline and drag the end of it along as you require.

It gets a little confusing because there is a short line attached at the end - this section of line has no Frieze attached, but is there to control the molding cut off angle at the bottom - have a play at rotating the line and you will get the hang of it.

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 9.35.13 am.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

auto generated frieze boards

Hey Rob...

I'm just guessing because I didn't see a model to look at.  By chance is your carport slab done with invisible walls instead of a driveway?  If so, that could be why, since that frieze is looking for a wall to continue out.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, these are good ideas to look at. The carport was built with railing walls. How do you guys build detached open structures like carports. I bet the way I build has everything to do with it. To clarify, The frieze boards only do this on my carports. 

26 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

The carport was built with railing walls. How do you guys build detached open structures like carports. I bet the way I build has everything to do with it. To clarify, The frieze boards only do this on my carports.

I have a wall type that is 1/16" thick, No Material, and set to Air Gap. Outer line follows layer settings, inner line is the invisible line style. I DO NOT make this wall invisible because usually there is no need and I keep it on the Walls, Normal layer. If you make it invisible Chief will override the specified line style for the inner line.

If you used this for slab type rooms, then it can be a bit simpler to adjust the length of the gable attic wall above. We'll try not to talk to much about attic walls right now:)