Shape of Stairs

Ed_Orum

I have an existing condition stairwell where the bottom of the stair is 46" wide and the top of the stair is 38" wide.  Is there a way to re-shape a set of stairs so they would conform to those dimensions?

Thanks in advance

Lane De Muro

10 minutes ago, Ed_Orum said:

I have an existing condition stairwell where the bottom of the stair is 46" wide and the top of the stair is 38" wide.  Is there a way to re-shape a set of stairs so they would conform to those dimensions?

Thanks in advance

Lane De Muro

Are you saying some of the stairs are 46" wide and others are 38" or they slowly taper from 46 to 38?  If they taper you would have to do each stair using a landing.  If they change at some point you can do a complete break of the stairs and set the ones at 46 and the others at 38.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Are you saying some of the stairs are 46" wide and others are 38" or they slowly taper from 46 to 38?  If they taper you would have to do each stair using a landing.  If they change at some point you can do a complete break of the stairs and set the ones at 46 and the others at 38.

It is one staircase.  They taper from 46 to 38"

58 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

If they shrink from 46" to 38" due to a restriction in walls, you may want to look at the Max Tread Contraction setting in the stair Style panel.

image.thumb.png.ecd7208b964614e4df69a332c124dc1b.pngimage.thumb.png.f640da370371397b78d9d2e609ef6dbf.png

No, the stairs taper, the top and bottom are different widths.  Each side is continuous with no break.

On 6/1/2023 at 1:16 PM, TeaTime said:

Oh I think just enabling Winders will do that - it'll just extend the stairs out to the nearest walls.

Winders Checked  - should be all that is needed in this situation.............

M.