How to view the Framing in the 3D Viewer App?

MichaelMinick

I am a designer and builder and would love for my Superintendents to be able to view the 3d Perspective Framing Overview out in the field on their mobile device via the 3D Viewer app.  Is this possible?  I exported a Chief Architect 3D Viewer File from a Perspective Framing Overview camera view, but when I opened it in the 3D Viewer App, it appeared as the Perspective Full Overview.  Any help with this would be appreciated!  

-  Lloyd Minick

1 hour ago, MichaelMinick said:

I am a designer and builder and would love for my Superintendents to be able to view the 3d Perspective Framing Overview out in the field on their mobile device via the 3D Viewer app.  Is this possible?  I exported a Chief Architect 3D Viewer File from a Perspective Framing Overview camera view, but when I opened it in the 3D Viewer App, it appeared as the Perspective Full Overview.  Any help with this would be appreciated!  

-  Lloyd Minick

It works for me. Maybe you sent the wrong camera when exporting the model?

You can also switch cameras from within the viewer, if you sent multiples.

1181754144_ScreenShot2023-04-05at3_09_28PM.thumb.png.68b5902caec9c12dc9b3b0b05e57736f.png

• 8 months later...
7 minutes ago, MN_JohnH said:

I am wondering how you got the lines drawn over your framing drawing to show up on the 3d viewer here?

Pretty sure it is still not possible to show rendering techniques from the software in the 3D viewer as displayed in Chris's second post.  The best you get is what is shown in the first post with the textures visible.   It is a bit more work and requires a couple of 3rd party software programs but edge lines have been available in 3D PDF for a long time now.

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Pretty sure it is still not possible to show rendering techniques from the software in the 3D viewer as displayed in Chris's second post.  The best you get is what is shown in the first post with the textures visible.   It is a bit more work and requires a couple of 3rd party software programs but edge lines have been available in 3D PDF for a long time now.

I guess I am just another guy a little bit non-plussed with the 3d viewer.
I have accepted we can't get the physically based camera but it would be nice if we could get the lines drawing over the standard view.
(Yes, I realize I can do it with PDFs etc).