Cartoonish Toolbar Icons

PLANSAHEAD

Thanks Rich , look forward to the "Mona Lisa"   , might even change back to the X7 icons then :)

*** just gotta figure out their original names the forum has renamed them it seems...

That was a Pita ....bad, bad forum   :)   

here are the 6 new icons zipped up and named correctly... all 3kb of them...

Rich's New Chief Toolbar Icons.zip

Although it is possible to modify the graphics files that are installed with Chief, it is definitely not recommended

Replacing the installed files with different ones could cause missing file errors, slower loading times, increased memory usage, performance problems, and who knows what else.

If you start experiencing any problems after doing this, the first thing you should do is uninstall and reinstall the program to restore the original graphics files.

Yes, but did you vet them using a full cognitive study within a broad user cross-section defined by CA skill level and cross-indexed by overall knowledge worker computing experience.  Make Jakob Nielsen proud!  :wacko:

jk.  They work fine.

jon

its an easy swap back if I notice problems ( delete buttons folder ,rename original folder to buttons) , I just wanted to see if the X6 icons were actually more to my preference or if it was just a perception thing ,but I still think its easier to find stuff with the old icons , and since I only work at 1920x1080 , I am not sure the new "flat" icons help me at all? any "new" icons in X7 are using there original icon files BTW.

on the other hand you CANT miss rich's 6 new ones :)

M. 

Although it is possible to modify the graphics files that are installed with Chief, it is definitely not recommended

Replacing the installed files with different ones could cause missing file errors, slower loading times, increased memory usage, performance problems, and who knows what else.

If you start experiencing any problems after doing this, the first thing you should do is uninstall and reinstall the program to restore the original graphics files.

Dermot, while I can appreciate the cautionary note,

all I am doing is editing the existing files and assigning

different colors to the 400 (20 x 20) pixels that make up

the X6 graphic icon file. There is no change in the name

or path. I'm no expert so correct me if I'm wrong but I am

pretty sure the software doesn't care what color the pixels

are as long as there are the proper number of them and

they are located where the software expects them to be.

I did learn something that had never occurred to me before

in that the color of the pixels apparently does affect the

file size. For example a 20x20 pixel white square is 142

bytes while the same square in black has a file size of

131 bytes. Live and learn. Anyhoo, these files are so

minuscule that a few bytes more or less would have an

undetectable effect on system overhead.

Now Mick on the other hand.... well who knows what

he's up to?  ;)