10 Panel Door?

tommy1

Tommy,

Give me the dimensions and the panel style, etc and I'll knock it out for you.  Also, does this need to have a wood grain following the rails, stiles and panel separations or is a solid non-directional material OK?

Joe, it's a 32"x80" door with I guess 4" rails and stiles. Painted, not stained. Any kind of panel would be fine. It just needs 10 panels.

Thank you,

post-66-0-32423700-1423162686_thumb.jpg

Dennis,

I just used a Box, made a Box to subtract, copied it to each panel location and used the Boolean (Subtraction) to cut the holes.  Then I put a big panel 1/2" thick to fill in all the holes and converted it to a symbol.

It would be appropriate to set a stretch plane at x=3 and x=-3 so that the vertical rails would remain constant.

Dennis, I downloaded your raised panel door. I see you made it with X7. I haven't loaded X7 yet but will in a week or two. It's really strange that Chief brought it into X6 but now I can't delete it from my library. Never had that happen before.

Here is a video of the process using a cabinet with door panels that can be quickly changed to any style.  Make the cabinet back match the front.

Please excuse the 2 seconds of noise at the beginning. My mic is messed up and I could not find the mute button quickly enough.

<a href="http://www.screencast.com/t/kShMNwcc3e">2015-02-05_1641</a>