stevenyhof

Make sure your symbol is millwork.

Try using "reverse direction" on the louvers.  I suppose it depends on whether you are building real shutters vs. fake ones.  Real ones are supposed to shed water away from the window when they are closed.

7 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Make sure your symbol is millwork.

Try using "reverse direction" on the louvers.  I suppose it depends on whether you are building real shutters vs. fake ones.  Real ones are supposed to shed water away from the window when they are closed.

Ah! Yes, that would be true :)

1 hour ago, solver said:

Yes. Here is a dishwasher front used as a shutter, and a couple of chair shutters.

ct1.thumb.png.9a1b8fdfb0edb46fae15bdef3203b5d1.pngct2.png.33269b814ae4bfe6d2ee79868a71cd32.png

Think about how they would look/work when closed.

I think the DW is a good idea. That way you save space inside the house and bring them in when you need to load and empty them. 

Hey @stevenyhof

I apologize if you've already received your answer.

If I'm understanding correctly; you're trying to create a custom object that you can then use as a shutter on your windows using the shutter feature in the window itself.

If so, simply building the object and adding it to your library may not be enough.

You'll need to create it as a 'symbol' first.  Luckily the newer version of Chief have made this much easier.

Once the object is made, Block it together, then simply right click the blocked object and in the dropdown select 'convert selected to symbol'.  It doesn't matter what you import it as (there use to be a specific shutter option), but once it's imported as a symbol you can access it in the window dialog box as a shutter.

1 hour ago, DeLayDesign said:

Hey @stevenyhof

I apologize if you've already received your answer.

If I'm understanding correctly; you're trying to create a custom object that you can then use as a shutter on your windows using the shutter feature in the window itself.

If so, simply building the object and adding it to your library may not be enough.

You'll need to create it as a 'symbol' first.  Luckily the newer version of Chief have made this much easier.

Once the object is made, Block it together, then simply right click the blocked object and in the dropdown select 'convert selected to symbol'.  It doesn't matter what you import it as (there use to be a specific shutter option), but once it's imported as a symbol you can access it in the window dialog box as a shutter.

Thank you. A friend reached out to me to show me how. Thank you