Trimless bifold door won't cut base molding. Izzit a bug?

GeneDavis

I have hinged doors and pocket doors in a plan that cut the base, but the bifolds don't.  Modern no-trim scheme, casings all unchecked.  And the bifold is the only interior door type that came in with the sill/threshold checked which when I unchecked, that's when the base molding scooted across.

So what's up with bifolds?

Edit:  Let me correct the statement above.  The hinged and pocket also have sill threshold checked, but there is nothing there in them, no sill threshold visible in 3D.  But look at this chunky thing under a bifold when you check it (and this makes the door cut the base.)

What's up?

Screenshot 2022-09-10 075114.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-10 080228.jpg

23 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

So what's up with bifolds?

I think the bi-folds are what's up. They appear to be above the floor. If you want a gap under the door and if you want it to model correctly I believe you'll need to make your own symbol.

Look closely at the difference, top & bottom. Mine has a 1/4" gap at the top and a 3/4" gap at the bottom.

CA's:image.thumb.png.35a6b177741e808d61d60c0dcd9e26e7.png

Mine:image.thumb.png.1cbfa76b2f3076680ea54bfa2613570a.png

I think mick is right.  If the door is on the floor you should not get a base molding. Look at the height off floor. 

If you want the door off the floor but still don't want a base molding there, drop the door to the floor and then convert the room molding into a molding polyline.  Then you can raise the door back up and not get the base molding.  Of course once you create a molding polyline it won't update when you make any changes.