As A New User On The First Upgrade (To X7)...

4hotshoez

I will likely be waiting for the Beta to clear out, but what steps might I want to take in making a smooth transition to X7?

What happens to the library?

What do you recommend for dealing with templates? Start fresh or use the old template file?

Anything else?

BTW, if I wanted to download the Beta on my Mac at home but not on my Win PC at work, Will this create any problems with activations?

Todd you will be able to download both versions but will have to deactivate the one before using the other

No, you can have both X6 and X7 activated at the same time.  However, any plan you save in X7 can't be opened in X6 so you need to make sure you save to a different location (folder or file name).  I use separate folders for each version.

The Library will be migrated so everything you had in the X6 User Library will be in your X7 User Library.

Joe I just reread the post I was thinking he wanted win x7 at the office and mac x7 at his house in this way he would have to deactivate but you are correct about x6 and x7

The deactivation thing is what I do now between computers for X6. So I might do the Beta at home then if I can find the time.

Todd

As you are still learning i would probably wait till the X7 full release in March before upgrading. Even though there are very few differences between the versions. Another month or so would give you that much more knoweledge and you are not going to have to worry about bugs in the software. This version for me has been very good bug wise, better than most previous versions.

At the end of the day it comes down to a decission you feel comfortable with.

cheers.