Color mismatch in plot lines color

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

Anybody run into this and have an idea how to fix it? I don't  (have never) used plot lines with color fill for interiors so never saw this. I have a client who likes them done this way and commented on it. Have this going on in two rooms both of which have wood texture. The other room is a bit worse but was didn't make it into the stripped down plan. Some other rooms have paint and that is just fine.

I've tried :

• using Chief print to PDF and two other PDF printers;
  • made sure all doors and drawers were set to default which is a custom door style;
  • made sure all were using default material which is set to blend color with texture;
  • set rendering technique vector view to NOT apply shading contrast which helped a tiny bit and is the setting on all the images
  • changed to flat ceiling since I was thinking it was a light issue
  • then tried changing to an OOB material;
  • finally tried OOB material with an OOB door style (which is worse for the wall cabinet but better for the full depth ones-second image.) Plan attached is the original stripped down.

Any ideas? can this be fixed?

This is the original material with custom door style and blended material.

image.thumb.png.992b8b5e5fb8bc76b4801c9555766120.png

This is after making a new door style and fussing  including changing to NOT apply shading contrast

image.thumb.png.1ab45f4c05dba71afcf13ba1f045bdc8.png

This is the best of what I managed, uses a material that is not blended.

image.thumb.png.900c1f05203476d52d1a153e20ef94d3.png

This is with OOB material and OOB door style

image.thumb.png.1c10cb6413f5a5a2a80d004aa851436c.png

Color Issue.zip

40 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Anybody run into this and have an idea how to fix it? I don't  (have never) used plot lines with color fill for interiors so never saw this. I have a client who likes them done this way and commented on it. Have this going on in two rooms both of which have wood texture. The other room is a bit worse but was didn't make it into the stripped down plan. Some other rooms have paint and that is just fine.

I've tried :

• using Chief print to PDF and two other PDF printers;
  • made sure all doors and drawers were set to default which is a custom door style;
  • made sure all were using default material which is set to blend color with texture;
  • set rendering technique vector view to NOT apply shading contrast which helped a tiny bit and is the setting on all the images
  • changed to flat ceiling since I was thinking it was a light issue
  • then tried changing to an OOB material;
  • finally tried OOB material with an OOB door style (which is worse for the wall cabinet but better for the full depth ones-second image.) Plan attached is the original stripped down.

Any ideas? can this be fixed?

This is the original material with custom door style and blended material.

image.thumb.png.992b8b5e5fb8bc76b4801c9555766120.png

This is after making a new door style and fussing  including changing to NOT apply shading contrast

didn't check ya Email?   Vector View Shading seems to be the culprit ...is at Zero and unchecked?

as it looked okay here........ maybe it a combo of other things I did then? will send plan back.

image.thumb.png.410cee40101576a840d610f922b32f00.png

image.thumb.png.b50c7a2b0d185ac2bf1c1567b614669f.png

M.

• Upvote 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, MarkMc said:

Any ideas?

I set the material shading contrast to 0%. Then, in layout, all the cabinets have the exact same color as the color for the material regardless of whether Apply Shading Contrast is checked.

image.thumb.png.d95eb0d4848f5e59da8238ae64de3481.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

didn't check ya Email? 

your email came at the time I posted (per your suggestion I might add :)

So I changed shadow intensity to 0, didn't do it, rebuilt 3d, saved, closed, rebooted machine- what you sent is great,

image.thumb.png.77e603d27e5b4103d9895806b722fc99.png

I'm still not getting that?

image.thumb.png.e2c19b6963203eb090b901ec79d31f7c.png

Hmmm I said to do exactly what Rob said to Do ????????  actually a different "Shading" solution  Material vs View.....

Strange cos I emailed you at 7:30 last night and resent when i saw this post...

per the screen grab above.......

M.

Just now, Kbird1 said:

Hmmm I said to do exactly what Rob said to Do ?????????

You said to do the rendering technique default. The one you sent me looked great but didn't work when I tried it. As shown above that didn't work for me.

Changing it in the material definition worked.

I have no idea why what you had worked and looks good on my machine but doing that didnt' work here. What's more I just checked and the material definition in the plan you sent me is set to 31% only the rendering default is set. Maybe my machine just wants it all?

2 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

The one you sent me looked great but didn't work when I tried it. As shown above that didn't work for me.

Changing it in the material definition worked.

SIlly question, but did you refresh all the layout boxes after that?

3 minutes ago, robdyck said:

SIlly question, but did you refresh all the layout boxes after that?

Yes and to be safe I refreshed all, then refreshed plot lines, and for grins opened the ones on that page and let them refresh when I closed them.

Just for grins pulled a file out of the archives and tried just resetting the render defaults-did not solve it for me. Must be the machine, or chief, or windows, maybe the wife...

or just me:)

30 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

have no idea why what you had worked and looks good on my machine but doing that didnt' work here. What's more I just checked and the material definition in the plan you sent me is set to 31% only the rendering default is set. Maybe my machine just wants it all?

Actually not the same Solution it turns out, as I had I told you to turn off ALL the Shading in the View , not just that Material's....

I didn't change the material definition Shading, I didn't need too as I had said to turn it All off for Each camera View.........

at least that's what worked here and printed to PDF fine as well.

image.thumb.png.95e0c37c33aae1dcec7e902e2430aa08.png