Diamond Shaped Window

SallyMac52

Sally,

Take a look at the "ARCH" options in the Window dbx.  It can all be done there very easily.  You might have to experiment a bit but it is there.  I or someone else could show you exactly - but you'll remember it better and learn more if you have to get there yourself.

Achieving the diamond is pretty easy. Insert a fixed glass window with identical height and width, remove interior and exterior sills and lintels, then a dogear arch with a height equal to 1/2 the overall height and reflected vertically:

post-95-0-99012400-1420838982_thumb.png

The kicker is the muntins - I can only get one - you may have to manually add the other unless someone else can find a solution.

1) Put in a picture Window/Door (although, I think any window will work) , I think the door has to be a glass door only

2) While in cross section view, use CAD lines/arcs to draw your muntins

3) make block out of your cad objectspost-82-0-59394400-1421082758.jpg

4) select your window

5) convert to muntins using icon at bottom of screenpost-82-0-69553900-1421082775.jpg

Search "Creating Custom Muntins" in knowledge base - I believe there are videos on this as well.

post-82-0-81781900-1421086103_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SteveBeitscher
    Newest Member
    SteveBeitscher

• By Designer100
      !) Need family windows from floor all the way to btm of roof 7.5x5.5 beams like picture.any ideals?
      2) Need to design beams that are arched like picture. Any ideals. 

Gibson.Dan.Martha.zip
    • By Nate_M
      Hello,

I am working on an as built for a 1800's house. The door and window trim is 5 3/4" wide. My problem is that there a few instances where the door or window trim has been cut down to fit up against another wall. For example there's a window in one of the corners that is nearly up against the perpendicular wall. The trim on the left side of the window is 5 3/4" but the trim on the right side is around 3". 

Is there a way to place the window further into the corner and cut off the trim? Can I make the trim on only side of the window a smaller width? This is a pretty common occurrence in our work and I would like to have a method of solving this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    • By KingsOwn
      I have a problem in one file where windows drop out, or are deleted when I place a new cabinet or adjust an existing cabinet that is against the wall containing the window.
      Anyone had this happen.  Any solutions?
      Thanks.
      Ian
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I have attached my plan and the site picture from the backyard. Why is the brick veneer overlapping my basement window. What am I doing wrong? Site existing condition picture attached backyard
      221008.plan

• By Ange822
      I am using Chief Architect Premier X9

My defaults seemed to have changed so that when I select a window - it is now showing temporary dimensions of the window casing / center of window / trim. (see attached screen shots)
      How do I change this to only show the window opening to wall stud? 

thanks in advanced!
      Angela