Importing 3D Models

htimsnoiz

Hi anyone

im using chief premier 6x for mac, i tried to import sketchup models into my project (already exporting them into DAE. format first) but there are no textures, or more specifically there are textures just one big sold editable one. 

For example, i have a sofa with 3 editable textures, 1. Fabric cushions, 2. alumimium base, and 3. wooden struts. but when i edit one the whole model is just one solid texture. this is a real bumber, especially when detailing is essential.

anyone please help with this.post-2247-0-77739200-1419874720_thumb.pngpost-2247-0-54035500-1419874769_thumb.png

Upload the .skp file to the thread. Someone will drop it into CA for you.

Hi Gawdzira, it wont let me uplaod the files, i get this message(Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file) it is  possible i just dont know how to uplaod the file from the correct place.

Hi guys ok i got to get it working  quiet well by exporting the sketchup model as an obj. file format.

The thing is it does something very odd on the floorplan layout, it gives a side view of the object inside of a top view.

any thought on this one. 

Importing 3d to mac is a problem with dwg also. If it's blocked it imports as one big solid with one texture to it. You need to explode it to 3d solids in autocad, move selected solids to different layers and save it. Struggle, but that's what we have at the moment...

I'm a new user of X6 (Mac). I have some luck with exporting models from SketchUp in .dae and then importing to CA. Two problems seem to be that whether or not it will work is iffy and it appears that I can't use SketchUp to do this at all unless I buy the Pro version.

Can someone weigh in on this? I am happy to purchase the Pro version if I have some confidence that it will help me augment my library. I started off on this track because I was trying to find the heated towel rack that Scott used in his Sandstone Beam Bath. I also wanted to find the undermount lavs and the sharp looking wall tile. Right now I am 0/3 on those items. 

Thanks again

Hi PD99 ,  the standard Windows (free) Sketchup lets you EXPORT  3D collada (.dae) files   ( using save as only gives options of .skp versions other than current) . I am not sure if .dae files have a version number like .skp's  do

not sure what the options are if using Mac Sketchup if its not the same though.