curved leader lines

KellySantaRosa

I am working for a designer with a style of using curved leader lines. When composing a revised plan set with all the comments requested by the building department, it turns out to be quite time consuming shifting the location of all the text clouds and curved leaders separately. Is there a command for curved leaders or otherwise a way to anchor an arrowed arc to a revision bubble?

3 minutes ago, KellySantaRosa said:

I am working for a designer with a style of using curved leader lines. When composing a revised plan set with all the comments requested by the building department, it turns out to be quite time consuming shifting the location of all the text clouds and curved leaders separately. Is there a command for curved leaders or otherwise a way to anchor an arrowed arc to a revision bubble?

What are you doing now.  Arc with arrows or curved leaders with arrows should connect just like a line with an arrow would.

5 minutes ago, KellySantaRosa said:

Just realized a arc arrow was deleted along with text and realized it was attached ..

unfamiliar with the attachment status and would like to know how to toggle attachment of the arrow head / tail.

Open the Arrow DBX for those settings but I have found arrows don't like Revision Clouds much in the past so YMMV.

image.thumb.png.c7c66abb2b9bc85c0db724d7211023ce.png

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Just tested this and you're right.  It seems the only way to get them to connect is to first convert the Revision Cloud to a Plain Polyline.

Yes, seems a bit silly to me as I am not sure what is so "special" about RCs, that doesn't allow attaching like a text box.

I have seen requests for the option to add an arrow to a RC but so far it hasn't happened.

M.

3 hours ago, Dermot said:

I just did a search in both the suggestions forum and in our internal database and I could not find any such requests.

I'll take your word for it , I may have been thinking of Notes and the ability to add an Arrow Request, however I do use arrows with RCs

but have to do it manually so a connected arrow ( same layer as RC) would be a Nice Option.

M.

29 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

For simple curved leader lines, see the pic below.  The steps are, do text, do arrow, then select arrow by end point at arrowhead, press ALT, and take the point where you want.  Try it.

2021-08-10 20_14_17-Window.png

We actually have a dedicated arc with arrow tool too.  

4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

We actually have a dedicated arc with arrow tool too.  

You are right, Michael, but I am such a dummy that I don't know how to use it so the arc always goes tangent (horiz.) to the start of the arrow, which is my preferred style for anno (if I feel curvy when doing it), so I do it the two-step way.  Is there a way to maintain horizontal tangency when drawing such and arrow?

4 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

You are right, Michael, but I am such a dummy that I don't know how to use it so the arc always goes tangent (horiz.) to the start of the arrow, which is my preferred style for anno (if I feel curvy when doing it), so I do it the two-step way.  Is there a way to maintain horizontal tangency when drawing such and arrow?

it sounds like you need to explore the different Arc Creation Modes.

• Upvote 1

Yes!  And thanks to the guy in the great white north.  Or great wet north.  In the northern Adirondacks, we had 8.5 inches of rain in July.

Edit > Arc Creation Modes > Start/Tangent/End Arc is the mode one wants for this elegant curvy mode of annotation.  Put "Arc With Arrow" tool on your toolbar and you are in biz to leave the world of linear anno.