Note & Schedule in CAD detail?

ACADuser

Placing a line drawing for the plan view of an existing house in CAD Detail I wish to add note call outs & note schedule.

It seems that the Note Call Out will not work in CAD details. Is that correct?

So I need to create a separate PLAN file to work with this situation?

44 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Placing a line drawing for the plan view of an existing house in CAD Detail I wish to add note call outs & note schedule.

So I need to create a separate PLAN file to work with this situation?

Notes and schedules work in CAD details. Are you having a problem placing them? Maybe check your CAD details active layer set to see if notes are visible

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

No, they work in CAD details. Just used them today as a matter of fact. If your notes/schedule have a "quantity" column they will register into the count also.

Oh darn, I had the wrong item clicked.

When I saw Custom -> Demolition in the list I thought I was in the right place.

I needed Note->Demolition.

I don't think this is the first time this has happened to me. [I'm playing the Old Age card]

Your schedule is including custom schedule categories, which as far as I can tell you don't actually have, but your schedule is not including any notes, which is what you want.  So open the schedule and unselect custom and select the note types you want.

You can probably then get rid of the custom schedule categories since these don't look like they are needed and are just going to add to your confusion.

I'm not sure why you have both "Demo" and "Demolition" note types.  You probably only need one of these note types.  Pick one and get rid of the other.

I'm not sure why you have both a "Demolition Notes Schedule" in your plan view and "Custom Schedule" in your "Existing Floor Plan" Cad Detail.  You probably want to delete the one in plan view and just work with the one in your cad detail.

And, if you want to do this right, you will also need to delete your fake text schedule and all of your callouts and replace them with actual notes.

If you are still confused, then please watch this video:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/91/using-notes-note-schedules.html

• Upvote 1