Framing specs all wrong

GeneDavis

Doing a room addition on a 100 year old seasonal camp, with the camp having a barn-like foundation of stones chinked with mortar only 16 inches into the ground.  The room addition is to have a frostwall foundation to 4 feet depth, and the walls are rainscreen type so as to be able to continue on over the foundation which sticks above grade about 18 inches.

I drew the asbuilt just enough to get the endwall right for where we attach this new build, and did not put a foundation under it until after I built the foundation under the new construction.

Trying to frame now and everything is screwed up.  It is the first time for me doing this siding-over-foundation.  My floor platform wants to frame INSIDE the 2x4 walls, and my mudsill wants to sit flush to the stemwall exterior when I thought I had specified it to sit 1/2" in, to match the wall line.

So, because of my bad settings somewhere, my walls want to frame atop the mudsill not atop the platform, and the platform wants to frame INSIDE the walls.  What the file shows (attached) is manual floor framing by me.

What settings are doing this?

Bedroom bath addition no steps.zip

It appears to be a Wall Definition Issue with you New Walls and which Layer you have defined the Platform to Build too.

Also remember to keep your Siding 8" off the Terrain by setting the Pony wall off floor HGT  higher.

would need to play more tomorrow if you still need help.

Mick.

Thanks, Mick.  I edited the wall spec for the upper framed wall, and that seemed to make the gap go away, but the pony wall foundation is still glitchy for me.  I fiddle with the height (where the walls stack) and some heights make the foam inside go completely away, or partly away, and some settings to the same to the outer layers.

2 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I edited the wall spec for the upper framed wall, and that seemed to make the gap go away,

What actually fixed it Gene ?

3 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I fiddle with the height (where the walls stack) and some heights make the foam inside go completely away, or partly away,

I think the foam is fine it just disappears in the floor overview for some reason but take a look at  your 3D framing overview.

Just now, GeneDavis said:

I'm looking in the 3D framing view and the foam is not there.

For some reason it was the first time I looked when it was not in the floor overview but now it is gone again.   Frustrating.

Got it!  Made a small four side house test plan, built everything to specs, paid attention this time since I was doing it from scratch, wall-wise, not coming into it backwards.  Everything worked as expected and I then changed all settings and specs for walls in the remodel file.  

All is good.  Thanks for looking and commenting.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Got it!  Made a small four side house test plan, built everything to specs, paid attention this time since I was doing it from scratch, wall-wise, not coming into it backwards.  Everything worked as expected and I then changed all settings and specs for walls in the remodel file.  

All is good.  Thanks for looking and commenting.

So it was just a Wall Definition Issue ?

Mick.