Foundation wall setup

MN_JohnH

I am wondering how I can set up my foundation walls and main floor so that I can have a slab on one part and a framed floor on the other that flush out at the same level.
But I would like the top of the ICF foundation walls to have a double sill plate with the concrete poured inside of that where the slab is and the other side would have accommodations for the framing to come out at the same height. I have a simple plan attached and some cross section details of how the top of foundation wall would look.
I know I can just build it with the slab at the same level as the house and then just have these detail drawings included in the plan but I am wondering if there is a way to actually have Chief build it this way?

basement.jpg

Slab.jpg

plan.plan

4 hours ago, MN_JohnH said:

so that I can have a slab on one part and a framed floor on the other

the screenshots you have show both floors as slab.

I'm not understanding what you are trying to do, from an absolute elevation perspective.

It's almost like you have a walkout basement with a stepped foundation, if the slabs are at the same elevation, but the stem wall below the slab varies from only a footing to what looks like about 3'?

I believe what you are looking for is called a hung joist floor system.  Open the foundation wall you want to have the floor system hung from and check the options in the structure panel of the wall dbx.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess the plan I sent was confusing because I tried to draw something simple to illustrate since my actual plan was to big.
Let's just start with this question: How can I make an ICF wall that goes down to frost footing with a double plate on top and the top of the slab floor is level with the top of the double plate? I have a detail attached.

Slab.jpg.d046dffc6e3a8ea819bd0d1827cbf6a2.jpgached.

15 hours ago, MN_JohnH said:

I guess the plan I sent was confusing because I tried to draw something simple to illustrate since my actual plan was to big.
Let's just start with this question: How can I make an ICF wall that goes down to frost footing with a double plate on top and the top of the slab floor is level with the top of the double plate? I have a detail attached.

With a special Wall Definition it is possible, though I am not sure what other issues it may cause down the line.

The biggest issue will be that you want the bottom of the slab 1" below the top of the Stemwall as Chief Automatically wants to place the Slab on the Stemwall due to the way chief uses Rooms and the bottom of the floor structure. The simple fix is to spec the floor slab at 3" in the room/floor settings and the use a 4" CAD box in Cross Sections though. ( 3rd pic )

image.thumb.png.b037ad36fe41391806fe8b3727631905.png  image.thumb.png.0b6ab8b73290a2b8c0ed6169401d2be0.png  image.thumb.png.6a582430e6d10be2185f2bf113c5603f.png

ALT. Wall Def.

image.thumb.png.02b0c61416326bee082d2fb39a19488e.png

Thanks, I am not sure what you are doing with the wall definition specs here.
But let's even go more basic than this: how do I draw a slab inside ICF walls with no crawlspace or anything underneath, just fill?
And then how do I put a double treated plate on top of my ICF wall?