DGail1

HINGE/DOOR SWING INDICATION IN ELEVATIONS

At one time, the hinge/swing direction of cabinet doors was displayed in elevation views, but it isn't happening any more.  Is there a setting that I need to change?  

It's checked in layer display options, and its set at "point to hinge side" in preferences/Architectural.  Is there somewhere else I need to look?

Please check your messages.

If you will attach a simple plan -- just 1 cabinet that shows the problem, someone will look and report back.

Thanks for helping me with this.  I couldn't find an answer in "Help".

Attached is a plan, and a picture of the elevation (just in case it "works" for you).

I'm using Chief Architect Premier 12.

opening indicators.plan

opening indicators elevation view.jpg

You must have switched you default rendering technique to Technical Illustration for elevation cameras which does not seem to display Opening Indicators.

Switch back to Vector View and you should be fine.

Yup, that fixed it.  Seems strange though...technical view should  show technical details...like door swing.

Thanks!

Just now, DGail1 said:

Yup, that fixed it.  Seems strange though...technical view should  show technical details...like door swing.

Yes I thought so as well but it does not seem to be so.  No harm in making a suggestion if that is your presentation preference.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LawrenceG
    Newest Member
    LawrenceG

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I have attached my plan and the site picture from the backyard. Why is the brick veneer overlapping my basement window. What am I doing wrong? Site existing condition picture attached backyard
      221008.plan

• By SelahF
      My chosen floor keeps appearing black (it is medium walnut floor from the Chief Architect library). I tried to see if it was all of them, but it seems to just be this single flooring type. I haven't touched any of the display settings for it, so I'm at a loss. Any help? (I'm very new with Chief Architect so this might be any easy fix)

• By YoderW
      Is there any way to create a small gap or offset between the door and casing? Like a real door would have, to leave just a tiny bit of room for the hinges. Specifically for open interior doors. I've made a door hinge symbol I'd like to use, and I assume I'd have to make a different one for various swing angles, but I'm not seeing any obvious way to create that small gap. By default, Chief's doors just meet the casing at the corner completely, leaving no room. I could force the hinges in there, but they would clip through the door and casing and look less realistic. 

I'd also like to add a strike plate to the casing and latch to the door, but short of placing the symbols myself that doesn't seem very plausible right now. Maybe a suggestion for a future version of Chief.
    • By Ange822
      I am using Chief Architect Premier x9

I have exported my chief file to a 3D viewer file so a client can look at it.
      When I went to open the file though, most materials are not there for example the siding is just shown as one solid colour vs a horizontal pattern.

thanks in advance.

Angela 
    • By chuck_g
      I'm having a problem where in a plan I previously had no issues with, if I take a cross section/elevation only my first floor and up shows, not my foundation or anything in the basement despite all the pertinent layers being turned on. Has anyone else had this problem or know a solution?