BnCKelley

Mouse pointer

Did you search Help, or the forum for pointer?

26 minutes ago, BnCKelley said:

Can someone help me fix my pointer. On one level, it's stuck like this (see pic)

20201115_111310.jpg

Dermot gave you a good tip...here is the section from the manual. You should have the manual open all the time...the program is massive and no one can remember every little icon and method. The manual is a godsend...to say the very least.

2020-11-15_11-47-29.thumb.png.84c85f982df15775aa763d9463ff90a7.png

Searching for pointer will lead to a table showing all the icons that may show up attached to the pointer. That table will link to info about the various icons, including the one in question.

This will hopefully reinforce how searching can lead to an answer, and might prevent a return asking about one of the other icons.

I can't check this.  Phone only, no Chief, no computer, but is HELP available when there's no web connection?

'Cause BnC's got no connection.

14 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Phone only

I too keep a copy of the ref manual on my phone. A search for "pointer icons" locates the chart, each icon has a link to specific info.

Thanks, Mark.  I did that, but to make the .pdf searchable on my iPhone I need to open the manual in the iBooks app.

But it works great.  A good case for getting an iPad Pro, with the big screen.

49 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

but to make the .pdf searchable on my iPhone I need to open the manual in the iBooks app

Have you tried either Foxit or Xodo. Have had some Mac clients use Xodo , I use Foxit which also has an iThingy, I like it better than xodo