Cad File Opens But Is Nowhere To Be Found In The Plan View

VHampton

I'm supposed to working on a site plan today... and have tried importing this dwg about ten times.

It shows all the layers but the drawing is nowhere to be seen.

I've tried everything including zooming way way out and doing a shift select to grab whatever is out there and force it to absolute zero ....but there's no sign of the line work.

Can anyone see what I might be doing worng?

I would greatly appreciate it if you have a moment.

Thanks. Val

Eagle Rock Site plan.zip

Val,

I'm no ACAD expert but I tried to open the file in Draftsight (an ACAD clone) and I got nothing. Same when importing into Chief - nothing I can see. No white lines, no nothing. There are settings and line weights in ACAD that can alter behaviors but I'm not familiar with them. Can you view the file in any other program?

I opened it in Draftsight & could see it all after canceling thru the missing font dbx's & zooming extents.

But I have no cursor in the work area. As soon as I move the cursor off the work area & onto the toolbars, etc, the cursor reappears.

Weird.

Nothing in Chief though.

post-120-0-46541600-1415900954_thumb.jpg

The following referenced files are missing:

c:/allan engineering/mobile homes/20571 Mural ST.pdf

c:/allan engineering/civil/eagle rock project/hydrology/file002.pdf

Ask Allan Engineering to bind the references before sending you the dwg file.

Of course, pdf files are just raster images, so don't expect to be able to extract any editable linework from the dwg, because there isn't any.

Thanks very much everyone.Glad to know I'm not crazy.

I have the free True View as well and you can see the entire drawing as soon as it opens.

I'm going to follow up with your suggestion Rob and see if the sender can make some adjuetsments on their end.

Thanks very much everyone.Glad to know I'm not crazy.

I have the free True View as well and you can see the entire drawing as soon as it opens.

I'm going to follow up with your suggestion Rob and see if the sender can make some adjuetsments on their end.

I thought that was very interesting, so I took another look (and considering the file size, something had to be there). All the linework was in paper space, not model space, so Chief probably didn't know what to do with the file. Anyway, see attached:

new block.zip