Sign in to follow this  
Sardines_Fun

Changing calibz install location (Suite)

My laptop has 2 drives, the C: (smaller SSD) for the Operating system and other critical programs and a D: (Large spinning) drive is for everything else. I've installed the Suite to the D: drive but whenever I install calibz Catalogs files they default to the C: drive. I see in preferences they're set up to install in "C:\ProgramData\Home Designer Suite 2021\Manufacturer Libraries" but there doesn't appear to be away to change that. 

Is there a registry key, or something else,  I can change to move the install location?

You should really have all of your library items installed on your faster C: Drive, these files are accessed while you are working in CA. If you are running short of C: Drive space it would be better to find something you don't use very often and move that to your D: Drive.

You really should be posting there 

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/5-qa/

CA has System Library Database folder setting that allows you to specify this location. Home Designer Suite 2021  I do not know..

In windows you can set this setting additionally by modifying

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc\Chief Architect Premier X12.ini

Shared%20System%20Library%20Database%20Folder=...

• Upvote 1

Thanks BrownTiger,

That's the type of setting I was looking for. I'll play around with that file and see if that lets me get the Manufact. Lib. on the D drive. 

And thanks for the heads up on the other Forum. When I created my account today this is where it took me, didn't realize I missed.

Sardine

7 minutes ago, Sardines_Fun said:

That's the type of setting I was looking for. I'll play around with that file and see if that lets me get the Manufact. Lib. on the D drive. 

Don't play with the file too much with out making a copy of the original first.

• Upvote 1

BrownTiger,

Just wanted to follow-up that your fix worked. Changed the below line and it's writing the libraries to the D: now. Thanks again!

Manufacturer%20Data%20Path=D:/Program Files/Home Design/Home Designer Suite 2021/Manufacturer Data/

And Chopsaw, thanks for the advice. Yes, been there and done that, ALWAYS make backups now. Lesson learned the hard way...

Hey Sardine..  love them in mustard sauce BTW, don't forget to clean out your archive folder too.  I found that's where most of my "C" space was being wasted. You can move over to D or delete.  And the end of the day I usually upload to Dropbox (with a new name-date), "THEN" delete the archives.  But good to have when you have a crash or power outage, until then.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JosephIM
    Newest Member
    JosephIM

• By Renerabbitt
      POST 0

You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect X-11.
      These items are for X-11 only. If you haven't updated yet I encourage you to do so, it's a great release.
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font
      CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:

CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL   RABS INTEGRATED SINK - DL NEW!!! 03/26/2020  
      ENTOURAGE:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL  
      KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL CAFE APPLIANCES, PAINTABLE(CORRECTED) - DL  
      LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 RECESSED NC HALO 4 INCH LED WITH HOUSING - DL NEW!! 03-22-20  
      MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL     
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL     

VIDEOS: 
      YouTube Channel  
      Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!

No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT

CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests 03-30-2020-6:49PM: Deleted Video Links and added link to YouTube Channel   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links  

Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,

RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB

• By ValDesign
      Is there any trick into installation of bonus catalogs?
      I followed the instructions but cant see the catalogs
    • By brinkbart
      I have taken some textures (mostly just the ones that I thought I would use on a regular basis), and converted them to CA materials complete with bump maps, colors and patterns. I spent a lot of time on it, actually, making sure the bump maps were the right intensity, the materials looked correct in Ray Trace view, etc. Wish I could have done more, but there really are just too many! I figured this is a good place to start.

This is the link to the .CALIB file: http://www.mediafire.com/?1jgmxzod9t8e2yv

Bricks
      • There are a combination of brick colors and textures from the Sketchup Textures website, as well as some of the more popular Acme bricks I created a while back.
      • Each brick material has a corresponding course for sills/lintels.

Stucco
      • There are a few stucco textures both plain and with faux finishes; they "paint" nicely for endless color options.
      • The stucco materials have a slight dotted pattern in vector/elevation view.
      • Each stucco material also has a version without a pattern for curved moldings and arches.

Roofing
      • I haven't come across many perfect roofing textures in my career, but the ones I've included are pretty true to life.
      • The roofing materials have a slight bump map applied to it, but you won't see much of a difference in Ray Trace views.
      • Each roofing material has a corresponding ridge cap material (it's the same texture, just a little squished and with a strip pattern for elevation views).

Tiles
      • Great for floors, walls and back splashes, but they are not divided as such.
      • I matched the color/pattern of the tiles as best as I could for better elevation views.
      • Almost all of the tile materials have bump maps, some are shiny and some are matte.

Carpet
      • CA already comes with great carpet options, so these are limited mostly to patterns/textures. My favorite is the "Geometric Tan"

Flooring
      • Again, not much here because I haven't come across many super great ones. I really only use one repeatedly ("Brown Slim Plank").

See attached preview for examples of the exterior materials in Ray Trace view.