builtright3

Fireplace Wall Vent

I was looking for an exterior wall vent for a gas fireplace in the library and could not find one.
Please help if you know where I can find one. Otherwise I will make one but didn't want to go through the trouble if I don't have too.

I want the customer to see what it will look like in the 3D finish view of the house.

image.thumb.png.3dd71ed94c2128ac29c9f77316e64972.png

image.thumb.png.74a2cc69838efd4592e74b5ff203f883.png

There is one in the library. Just type "vent" in the search window and it pulls up several. The wall vent is down the list a few.

8 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

There is one in the library. Just type "vent" in the search window and it pulls up several. The wall vent is down the list a few.

Yea, been there, done that. Couldn't find one.

1 minute ago, builtright3 said:

Yea, been there, done that. Couldn't find one.

After I posted, I noticed you wanted a rectangular one. The one in the library is round. Might could "fake" one of the dryer-type vents. 3D Warehouse?

@solver Eric, is that one you downloaded? I thought I had seen that one before, but my library doesn't have that one - that I could find with a search. I tried using "direct" also in a search and it didn't pull that one up.

17 minutes ago, solver said:

ct1.png

My library doesn't have that for some reason. 

3 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

My library doesn't have that for some reason. 

Time to Update Library Catalogs maybe.  I had one of those in my User Catalog, but my Core Catalog actually doesn't have one either.  Must be a relatively new addition.  Running an update now myself.

6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Here's the one from my User Catalog by the way...

Fireplace Vent.calibz

Thank you for the vent! I'm also updating my library. Thank you for reminding me

Yes, the one Solver showed is coming up in my library now after I downloaded.

Thank y'all very much!

3 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Thank you for the vent!

You're welcome.  For the record though, I didn't make it or anything.  I think it's one that I just picked up here on the forum that someone else shared. 

5 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I'm also updating my library. Thank you for reminding me

I actually needed the reminder myself.  I don't remember the last time I updated it. 

This is the final rendering for my client. Not what I would do for the exterior look but its what he wants. I prefer a foundation and a 30" x 30" chase for the vent pipe to go up. 

Capture2.thumb.PNG.9c83ee0c835bcbede7eb15cd232f927c.PNGCapture.thumb.PNG.400b0f1aba52d78f092a08e00d81e0c9.PNG

I didn't have it in my library either. Time to upgrade, obviously.

I got this one from one of the forum posts a while back... could be wrong but I think Perry or Chopsaw might've uploaded it.
It's pretty much the same as the one in the library but it's got red graphics.  

FP Wall Vent.calibz

13 hours ago, DzinEye said:

I got this one from one of the forum posts a while back... could be wrong but I think Perry or Chopsaw might've uploaded it.
It's pretty much the same as the one in the library but it's got red graphics.  

FP Wall Vent.calibz

I like it with the read letters, Thanks!

Having built with these, and living with one now, I'd recommend raising that shed roof a foot to give the hot vent more vertical clearance.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Having built with these, and living with one now, I'd recommend raising that shed roof a foot to give the hot vent more vertical clearance.

Yes, we thought of that but thank you for saying it and looking out for me!