psully

Roof shingle reveal

I started with v5 and have migrated to X12 and the graphics are dynamic and the lack of the missing line on the fascia.

I do not see a way to have the shingles overhang the fascia/roof edge. There should be a shadow line?

You could place a very thin shadow board that will cause the shingles to overhang.

image.thumb.png.656346bad0edc3b76670ec32b8a795aa.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chopsaw……………..Thank you for the tidbit. That's definitely worth a point. It's  what I call "thinking outside of the box!" I'll file that upstairs above my eyes.:)

I had thought of that but it seemed alot of trouble. Even if the drip edge showed in 3D it would help.

To me, it seems fairly easy if done on the initial roof setup. I think it would also be something fairly easy to program into the roof defaults. Along with making it the same material as the roofing material.

I've been doing this since first starting with Chief. One of the many things I was surprised there was no setting for.

I made a molding for the shingle overhang and one for a drip edge. Part of my template so they are automatic.

I usually spray the roof material on the shadow board when I want a more accurate image.

ct1.png.339db162c70771dc42463c7b1b1731ba.png

You can do it using rafter tails. A minus number in the extend means the roof will overhang it.

rafter tails.png

Perry...……………….That may work at the eaves, but if you want the shingle to overhang up the gable, which it should also, it looks like the shadow board work around is the way to go.

• Upvote 1