Help with Story and a Half

kwhitt

2 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

I'm feeling a little silly myself that I'm letting it get to me though...

I've had a couple downvotes and it does kind of irk... and then I had the same thought as yours here.  Whatever...
BUT...if someone's specifically targeting you with downvotes for some reason that is definitely something I'd consider bringing up with a Chief moderator.

Just now, DzinEye said:

I've had a couple downvotes and it does kind of irk... and then I had the same thought as yours here.  Whatever...
BUT...if someone's specifically targeting you with downvotes for some reason that is definitely something I'd consider bringing up with a Chief moderator.

Yes, it's definitely a targeted action.  I tried contacting the Chief moderator a few weeks ago for an unrelated issue (a disappearing post) and have yet to hear back from them, so I guess I'll just live with it.  Also, I'd feel kinda' silly stooping to the level of this anonymous voter by filing a complaint - high school was a few decades ago - :unsure: Thanks again for your input!  Kevin

22 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

I think the whole up vote, down vote feature is childish and serves no useful purpose other than to make posters feel good or bad about themselves. Do we really the feature? Oh wait, this could get a down vote - too funny/ironic.

Larry - I agree.  I did just find out who the culprit was.  He just downvoted another post of mine in real time at which time I switched over to online users revealing his identity.  It does not surprise me in the least.  At one time I was reading all of the older posts on this forum and ran across his countless arguments with other users.  It would be nice if possible to block him, but I see no way to do that.  At least I know what type of person I'm dealing with now!

6 minutes ago, glennw said:

Kevin,

You can add someone to your Ignored Users list.

Click on your logon name in the top right hand corner.

Select Ignored Users.

Glenn - thank you very much.  I was looking on their user page for a way to block.  I wonder if this will prevent the assault or if they're able to continue downvoting.  Guess I'll find out soon enough.  Thanks again!  Kevin

49 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Larry - I agree.  I did just find out who the culprit was.  He just downvoted another post of mine in real time at which time I switched over to online users revealing his identity.  It does not surprise me in the least.  At one time I was reading all of the older posts on this forum and ran across his countless arguments with other users.  It would be nice if possible to block him, but I see no way to do that.  At least I know what type of person I'm dealing with now!

I’m not sure who the person was, but unless you are 100% sure, I would be careful not to jump the gun too quickly. The online users list isn’t always as accurate as you might think. I’ve seen it display incorrect information quite often.  For example, I’ll be having on ongoing conversation with someone on a thread and I’ll watch the list show one or both of us being absent or active elsewhere.  In addition, I have seen reputation points given or taken away while the user list shows nobody at all active on that thread.  

3 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I’m not sure who the person was, but unless you are 100% sure, I would be careful not to jump the gun too quickly. The online users list isn’t always as accurate as you might think. I’ve seen it display incorrect information quite often.  For example, I’ll be having on ongoing conversation with someone on a thread and I’ll watch the list show one or both of us being absent or active elsewhere.  In addition, I have seen reputation points given or taken away while the user list shows nobody at all active on that thread.  

Thanks Michael.  Understand, but almost certain I've got the right person as I've had dealings with him outside of the forum.  If I'm wrong, blocking him isn't go to hurt anything.

7 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I should have also mentioned that it is someone with whom I've never interacted with on the forum.