Loss of Patterns in X12?

WoodlandDesign

Did I import/migrate something incorrectly or did numerous patterns (shingles, wood, stone, tile, etc.) disappear in X12? 

It seems like I only have about a quarter of what I used to have in X11.  I realize there is the new feature that allows for syncing patterns and textures but I miss some of my standard favorites and don't know why they didn't 'carry over'.  Are we supposed to search for and import these individually? 

I don't see anything in the archives addressing this.

It was a pattern from the Chief library and not one of my own.  It does not appear my user library nor anything other than the Chief core library is accessible when choosing a patter in the DBX.  This capture shows what I see when I try to choose a pattern.  Only the core library has an arrow next to it.

image.png.53d3db7760ec8bebb545299c3d0db79c.png

11 hours ago, WoodlandDesign said:

The bonus, manufacturer and user libraries are not accessible.  And when I open the core library there are fewer patterns available than before

It appears you didn't agree to migrate the User , Bonus and Manufacturer Libraries.  ( no arrow next to them to expand )

X12 now allows you to Reset the Migration,  under Reset Options, next time you restart X12 ...... using this new Button in Preferences.

image.thumb.png.e22d111cc4c3be61372c36b44e8f01d5.png

You could also Click on the Library Menu at the Top and  "install the Core library" and it will Check thatit is upto Date.

10 minutes ago, solver said:

If there are no patterns in a library, you won't be able to expand it.

That's true , but I was assuming a Longtime User with no Fills in his User Library , may not have migrated everything properly...(but maybe not ?)

so it might be worth a try.

Doug could also Export the Fills from the Library from an Earlier Version of Chief and import into X12, or Use Import Patterns and point it to the X10 or X11 Patterns Folder ( in the Data Folder.)

M.

I am also missing pattern files in my X12 install.  I believe they were custom patterns at some point (roof shingles, stone) which didn't migrate.  I'm on a new computer so don't have any other versions installed. I'll try the import method.

Just to reiterate:  The pattern libraries are the only libraries that seem to be missing files.  ALL the other libraries have migrated correctly and are accessible as normal.  It's only when I choose to select a pattern through it's DBX for a particular item (such as flooring or roofing) do I experience the problem. 

I have 're-migrated' the files several times through the new X12 feature to no avail.  I also have opened plans with X11 and a particular pattern I'm searching for and tried the 'add to library' option.  Still, not accessible even after resetting.

• 2 weeks later...