KatherineD

Drawing walls using interior dims

Hi

New to CA.

How do I alter my settings to be able to type in my interior dimension that I desire, rather than the exterior one?

Here is two room house I quickly sketched.  I selected the interior wall.  Look at the picture.

And fill out your signature (if you are a Chief Premium user) so we know.  If using Home Designer or something else, find the appropriate forum to post your question.

2019-12-12_1436.png

You can also set the defaults for the dimensions to see both wall sides (or what ever you want it to see).

2 hours ago, KatherineD said:

Hi

New to CA.

How do I alter my settings to be able to type in my interior dimension that I desire, rather than the exterior one?

image.thumb.png.accbe9171414c5d73ab197960883ced6.png

7 hours ago, KatherineD said:

Hi

New to CA.

If doing Remodel Work and measuring existing Homes to wall Surfaces eg Drywall , not Framing you can set your Dimension defaults to locate Surfaces instead of the Wall Dimension Layer (Framing Layer usually).

image.thumb.png.e8259653353796a72b1946de9c2cbfad.png

In the General Wall Defaults (Alt-Q) you could also switch the Resize about Option to Main Layer Inside (Framing) or Inner Surface temporarily while laying out walls.

image.thumb.png.336e4ff064486e1e485977f1f1d6bfeb.png